cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alter Export Format Choices Available In Viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

<p>Is it possible to remove one or more choices for export formats from the export form? I need to provide some export functionality so I do not want to remove the export button. I am passing in a result set at runtime so exporting to Crystal Reports (RPT) is not useable as far as I can tell. When the report file is opened in the full client it cannot find the data source. </p><p>Thanks, </p><p>Ed </p>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SJohnson
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

<p>Hi Ed,</p><p> The answer to your question is in the following thread:</p><p><a href="/node/529"><u><strong>http://diamond.businessobjects.com/node/529 </strong></u></a></p><p>Unfortunately, at this point in time this option is not available. However, if you export the report to Crystal Reports format the resulting file should have "saved data" allowing users with Crystal Reports to open up the report, view and edit. If the user does not have access to the original data source then the end-user will not be able to refresh data or add fields that did not get populated during the export. </p><p>Regards,<br />Sean Johnson (CR4E Product Manager) </p>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sean,

I am facing the same problem. I need to provide to the user to export to only pdf and excel.

how can I go about this?

Also the link that you provided in your reply is not working.

Thanks,

Shelly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Editing of the export drop-down list is unfortunately not exposed for customization and is unsupported by Customer Support. It requires editing the file js\export.js found in the crystalreportviewer folder, to remove the selection from appearing in the drop-down list.

Ted Ueda

former_member183781
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ted -

So you are saying it is "Possible" - but from a support POV if you choose to do this you are "on your own"...?

Does this apply to all versions of the Viewers (XI-R2 and XI-3.1-2008)...?

Is Crystal Viewer "customization" part of the vision for this product...?

Mark

former_member183781
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ted -

So you are saying it is "Possible" - but from a support POV if you choose to do this you are "on your own"...?

Does this apply to all versions of the Viewers (XI-R2 and XI-3.1-2008)...?

Is Crystal Viewer "customization" part of the vision for this product...?

Mark