cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alligning data in table format

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a SQL view that contains a Land Plot Number, Person id's along with their details and any associated land Interests, which can be 1 or many and Interest Type boolean field(Freehold, Leasehold, Occupier). If the person is associated with more than one piece of land the view contains repeated person details with new land details. I have designed the report to look like a table by using boxes which span the page header to a group footer. The report is grouped by the Plot Number, I have created 3 formulaes that check for the type of interest and concat the address detail, and inserted them into the detail line. The report works OK the only problem I have is that I need to show the information in the following format (Alligned to top): -

ID Address Type 1 Address Type 2 Address Type 3

1 XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

2 XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

AND NOT AS IT CURRENTLY RETURNS (Gaps): -

ID Address Type 1 Address Type 2 Address Type 3

1 XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

2 XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

Hope this makes sense, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

todd_hanna
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

It's a bit hard to tell how your report is structured, but it sounds like what you are needing to do can be accomplished by using Multi-column.

Go to the Section Expert for the Details section - on the common tab, check on "Format with Multiple Columns". When you do this, a new tab will show up "Layout". Go to this tab and change the radio button at the bottom for Printing direction to be "Across then down". Set the size of your columns here and go check your report. You should be able to tweak this Layout to accomplish what you after.

Answers (0)