cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Notification Service in CF Trial Account Not Working?

former_member707134
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have tried to set up alert notification in trial account so that the import event from Transport Service are sent to alert. The following step have been completed:

1. Alert Notification Service is activated, a service instance is created for "dev" space, and the service key is generated.

2. Destination "ALERT_NOTIFICATION_SERVICE" is created which used the service key created above.

3. Transport Node "DEV" is created and "Perform Notification" is check. Note, the "Perform Notification" box only became available after the above destination is created.

4. Now, I am trying to create Actions and Conditions in the administration screen of the instance (dev) of the Alert Notification Service. When I click "Actions"on the left hand menu, it only display a message saying "Unable to retrieve list of actions" without display the "Create Action" menu button. I am also getting the similar messages when trying to access "Conditions" and "Subscriptions".

I have also checked my authorization at subaccount level and space level and I have full authorizations at both levels.

Did I missed any steps?

Thanks!

Rivers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dzhurdzhina
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hey, Guys,

Let me first thank to both of you – Martin & Rivers, for your input on the issue. It turned out to be a tricky case and we truly appreciate your patience and help! Furthermore, such collaboration is the true path of continuous improvement.. : )

Now up to the question, the issue was fixed but due to its nature it requires some more time to live in "testing" mode. Once, it is exposed, I'll write back here.

One more thing, I'd like to summarize here the workaround for anyone that might hit the same trouble. The issue appears in cases when you attempt to access SAP Cloud Platform Alert Notification service instance located in a region (e.g. Europe (Frankfurt)) that differs from the region you're accessing from (e.g. SAP Cloud Cockpit located in US). To workaround the issue, it's needed to match the SAP Cloud Platform Cockpit URL with the location of your subaccount where Alert Notification is activated. For example, if Alert Notification is activated in US East, then the URL when you access it should start with https://cockpit.us10.hana.ondemand.com/ .

Best regards,
Kristina

former_member707134
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Kristina,

I have sent you email with the information that you have requested.

Thank you,

Rivers

dzhurdzhina
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello, Rivers,

Thank you for opening the question!

I'm part of the support team of the Alert Notification service. The message you describe in point 4) is not likely to show and I'd like to troubleshoot your case further. Could you, please, contact me at kristina.dzhurdzhina at sap dot com with some details on the environment where the issue appears? As a start, the region where your trial account resides as well as the Cloud Foundry space GUID where you have activated Alert Notification would be of a great help.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon and best regards,
Kristina

Martin-Pankraz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kristina,

I am seeing the same behavior. It happened two weeks ago. Started working again last week but since I needed to re-create my subaccount it is broken again. I never got to finish anything with the service due to the trial expiration and unreliable provisioning.

I contacted you on your mail too.

KR

Martin