cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert configuration--Archiving

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have raised few alerts in SAP XI and also I am getting alerts in my alert inbox.

But when I am trying to see it after few days the alerts are not visible in my alert inbox. what could be the reason.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The reason is simple: Alert Inbox displays only the alerts for the current date (today).

So If you want to archive your alert messages then configure the mail alerts in your alert category.

By configuring the mail alerts and fixed recipients in alert category, you will receive a copy of the alert in your outlook then you can check those alerts anytime you want.

Regards,

Madan Agrawal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

while defining alert category in ALRTCATDEF Tcode u are providing following detail.

u2022 In the Description field, enter a description for the alert category. Choose a description that is informative with respect to the content of the alert category. The description is language-dependent.

u2022 If required, you can select a classification in the Classification field. If you do not choose a specific classification, the category is stored in the classification folder Unclassified. For more information on classifications.

u2022 In the Max. No. of Dels field, specify a maximum number of times that an alert of this category is to be delivered if it is not confirmed. This refers to delivery using a communication channel other than to the recipientu2019s display program (UWL, application-specific program, or alert inbox).

u2022 Select Dynamic Text if the texts of the alert category cannot be defined at this stage. This refers to situations in which the texts are not known until runtime.

u2022 In the Expiry Time in Min. field, you can enter a life span for alerts of this category if the alerts will no longer be relevant after a specific period of time. If the expiry time elapses, the alert is removed from the alert inbox and is no longer delivered using any other channel.

regards,

navneet....