cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aggregation of a key figure date field in the BEX query

Former Member
0 Kudos

we had a problem of aggregation of a key figure date field in the BEX query ,problem is it not aggregating correctly and sometimes it is displaying "x" ,where those key figures are date fields converted from the normal date format to decimal format in the key figure info object type/unit .

And in the aggregation tab we have standard aggregation as minimum and exception aggregation as "No aggregation(x if more than one record occurs).

I changed this exception aggregation : to "Last value" and tried executing the query now I am able to overcome with problem of "x"'s but still it is not aggregating correctly the key figure values.And the ref. characteristics is 0CALDAY

But I am not sure of what does the "last value" mean for a date key figure like - baseline date .Please let me know what can be done.

Message was edited by:

sasi M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I felt that the problem is at the exception aggregation but I am not sure of what option to select at here and how they work for a date field converted into decimel format .

0 Kudos

Hi Sasi,

It is clear that a keyfigure, which should show always the last date,has to have:

AGGRGEN = MAX

AGGREXC = Max

AGGRCHA = space

it can have input tupe DATS of Float or else if the Infoprovider contains CALDAY, then this is equivalent to

AGGRGEN = MAX

AGGREXC = LAST

AGGRCHA = 0CALDAY

but the second possibility needs much more performance!

All the properties are availble for you in ta rsd1 on the infoobject (as KF) level....