Did you mean: 

Aggregating records in InfoCube

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have such a problem. In my source system exists for example two records:

John Warsaw 10

John Cracow 20

I load directly to Infocube one of these characteristic and key figure e.g.

John 10

John 20

Why do I have two records in Infocube like these above instead of one record like this?:

John 30

I set update type of key figure for Addition. I thought that it will aggregate records with the same characteristics into one summarizing value of key figure. It's a problem for me, because I get in effect 10 x more records than I might have.

Regards,

Maciek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maciej,

If the two records are :

field1 field2 keyfig

John Warsaw 10

John Warsaw 20.

You may get John 30 ..but field2 is different in your data ,So in this case u can use aggregates on top of this cube..by using field1 and kefig..this aggregate will give you desired result...

Don't forget to assign points,Further comments always welcome..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes they are different, but in source system. In BW I choose them in a way giving me identical ones. I thought for a moment to use ODS with non unique records option and then load data to infocube. In ODS data is aggregated, but the main purpose (less usage of disk space) wouldn't be achieved, because of duplicating data in ODS and InfoCube.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

this time I solved the problem by myself;-) One of dimensions in my InfoCube was declared as line item and that's why they weren't aggregated.

Bye,

Maciek