cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregates + Query Performance

Former Member
0 Kudos

I build an aggreate on a cube , it has 2 queries and I want to improve the performance for these queries. So I created the aggregates by 'Propose By query'.

So I got Min and Max on the screen , then I saved and activated the aggregate. Ran the query in , when I look in the aggregates screen now after activating again , I see , under records 127252 and under records summarized 1.

I went to RSRT and typed my query name and clicked on Performance Info and it says RSRV Check is necessary.

Well,

Question 1. What is this RSRV issue?

Question 2. How do I compare the performance of the query before and after aggregates.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. RSRV check is some consistancy checks, where you can perform different checks masterdata, tdata, aggregates etc etc.

2. You can run the query using aggregate and then switch off the aggregate n run the query. Note the difference in time n thats how u can see the difference

Regards

Sriram

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi julie

its bit tricky. Let me try to answer. When u create aggregaretes using queries, depending on the query history, the system suggests some aggregates. You have to chose the one which is most suitable for your query. You can select one or two and activate the aggregates and fill it. Once the aggregated are filled its ready for use. For an active aggregate, the status will be green and filled/switched off will be green.

Now you can see weather a particular aggregate is being used or not in t-code rsrt. Select your query and click on execute/debug button and in the dilogue screen select display aggregates found and enter. The system shows the aggregates and weather it is used or not in the column s:aggregation level. if its filled, your aggregate is being used.

Now you can once again witch off the aggregates by clicking on the aggregate and then f7 or menu aggregate-> switch off. Now again in RSRT you can see your aggregates are not used and thus u can even measure the difference

If it doesnt clear your doubt, pls post your doubt. If it does help, pls assign points.

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need a clarification , When I created the aggregates based on query , it generated max and min. so now when I am trying to activate the aggregate, it prompts me to pick one of the aggregate.

I am little confused , can you outline me the steps in creating an aggregate and later filling it.

Thanks for a prompt reply