cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregate & Nav. Att.

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

I can't seem to create an aggregate that is used by a specific query. I didn't want to use any navigational attributes in this aggregate because that seems to create some additional maintenance.

If my query uses a navigational attribute and I include the classification that it is an attribute for, is that enough for the query to choose the aggregate? For example if the query uses navigational attribute 0CUSTOMER__0STATE, if I include 0CUSTOMER in my aggregate, will the query be able to use it?

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris

go to rsrt transaction, runs the query "+ debug" and select displays aggregate found.

They are all the fields needed for the first execution of the query.

Insert the fields in your aggregate.

alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Sorry for my first reply. I was wrong. The query should use the aggregate if 0customer is in the aggragate and 0CUSTOMER__0STATE is in the quer. However, as Allessandro mentioned, you will have to make sure all the other required characteristics are in the aggregate. Pay special attention to filters and variables.

Regards,

Sujoy

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

<b>YES!</b>

I've been using the rvrt transaction but not that check box, I didn't realize that it would give that kind of information. That will be very helpful. I was able to identify the value missing (one that we are replacing but have not yet in this report, that's probably why I never considered it.) I added it to the aggregate then my query used the aggregate as desired.

Thanks for your input.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

chris_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry should have tried this first.

I created a simple query with no nav. Att. and made sure that it did hit my aggregate. Then I added one nav. att. to the query and it still used my aggregate. So I'll have to look for another reason why my existing query does not use the aggregate.

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

No, query will not be able to use the aggragate.

You will have to create an aggregate with navigational attribute 0CUSTOMER__0STATE. For this, you have to be in the Expert Mode.

Regards,

Sujoy

0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Just adding on to Sujoy's reply.

U will find "Expert Mode" under Extras --> Switch Expert Mode On/Off.

However if u do want to create an aggregate based on a query, you can use RSRT and the execute + dbug function to prompt you exactly which values and characs are reuired for the aggregate. There is a great presentation on Performance Tuning in service.sap.com/bw under the topic Performance as well some other presentations on aggregate tuning which have some very useful tips and methods.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zubin