cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aggregate - Cube

Former Member
0 Kudos

BW folks,

I have to delete data from a cube for only jan 31st. There is a aggregate built on this cube and my client claims that if I delete data for jan 31st from the cube the aggregate will totally get deactivated and we need to refill the aggregate. But my understainding is that if the data is deleted from the cube, it gets automatically from the aggregate. Based on this I have 2 questions-

1. If the data is deleted from the cube is it directely deleted from the aggregate?

2. How do I see data in my aggregate like the way I see in my cube (eg listcube)? (Basically I need to test the deletion of data in my dev box for which I need to see the data in my aggregate)

Thanks

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Check this post:

Hope this helps...

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the replies,

But when I delete data selectively from teh cube, is the data in the aggrigate deleted selectively or do i have to deactivate and re roll up the aggreigate again?

Thanks

Vishal

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need to recontruct the aggregate data...

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

To look at the aggregate tables and data, in SE16 put in the 6 digit technical name of the aggregate like 100129.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal

Try Transaction Code LISTSCHEMA.

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

Data will get deleted from Aggregates also.

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Vishal!

Unfortunately, your client is right !

"If you delete data selectively from an InfoCube, the aggregate belonging to this InfoCube is automatically deleted."

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/4e/b71038cba6a169e10000009b38f8cf/frameset.htm

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Roberto

...and please don't forget to reward the aswers...it's THE way to say thanks here !