cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - scan by RFID scanner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

We are testing SAP Work Manager 6.0 and want our users to be able to filter a (Tile) List by a value provided by way of on RFID scanner.

The Barcode scanner is directly supported Agentry, by simply selecting the filter to be scanner enabled.

However we want to use an RFID scanner to filter the list.

Is that even possible ?

And how should that be performed ?

We have heard from SAP Denmark, that soultions have been made that supports the behavior.

Thanks for any help provided.

Søren Hansen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

As long as the RFID scanner is a supported device it will work exactly the same way.  The only potential gotcha is if you are reading more than one tag at a time they will be returned as a concatenated string of values and you will need to configure your application to handle that scenario accordingly.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill.

If I enable scanner for filter, the scanner button will appear when I do filtering. When I click the scanner button it will start up an application for Barcode scanning via the camera of the device (I am uncertain if this is an Agentry application or a native app on the device).

I don't know how to make it start up an RFID scanner application !?

PS: The device we are testing (Getac Z710) supports RFID scanning natively, and through a native app on the device we know that the scanner is working.

Best regards, Søren Hansen

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Soren,

The camera scanning is part of the Agentry client.  I am not familiar with that device but as I mentioned you need to check the supported devices list to see if we have RFID support for that device in the Agentry client. 

Just because a device natively supports some type of scanner, the Agentry client still needs to be modified to call the various API functions to invoke and interact with the scanner.  Unfortunatley there is no single common api for doing this which is why we need to code support for each specific version of scanners into the client.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note if you are using RFID on Android clients that will not work.  RFID is supported from some window devices.  And fore the supported windows devices, when you install the client you need to state in the installer if you want the RFID scanner installed.

Stephen Streeter