Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agent assignment using Rule at User decision step

former_member317781
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Good day,

I have seen the forum threads but I could not get proper answer hence I have started posting the question and if the question is been repeated am sorry.

The issue is :

I have designed my WF and I have flowing steps.

1. On SUBMIT WF triggers

2. I Get the work item(b'coz am one of the agents) and this is a  User decision step(CUSTOM) with Approve , Reject and Hold on AGENTS tab I have given the Expression : &REGAPPROVERS&     (&REGAPPROVERS&)  is filled by RULE : with responsibilities. I have used the FM to get the AGENTS and I get the AGENTS to WF.

The issue is

3. On Approve I created a task which is Background method goes and changes the contract to APPD.

4. Once it is APPD I have one more User Decision  step, I Get the work item (b'coz am one of the agents) this time I get 2 TWO workitems to my inbox with

1. contract approve or reject

2. Active reject or hold

where I suppose to get only one which (2. Active reject or hold)

agent assignment is like this

agent assignment tab = EXPRESSION  (&REGAPPROVERS&)  and I have gone to the task did the AGENT ASSIGNMENT and made it as GENERAL TASK.

I don't understand why I get two workitems instead of one.

can anyone shed some light on it please?

thank you,

j.

View Entire Topic
anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In 3rd point you told " On Approve I created a task which is Background method goes and changes the contract to APPD". Just check may be this step trigger new event, which use may used to trigger new workflow. May that's the reason again new workflow instace is creating. Just check in swel

former_member317781
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

thank you for the reply, I have gone to TCODE : SWE2 to check the linkages and I see that their another WF : with a event on USERSTATUSCHANGED is been ticked.

so that might be a reason that I am getting the workitem.

how can I untick the linkage but that too in ERROR.

Please have a look at the screen shot.

thank you,

J.

rambabu_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

As Anjan said, there could be another workflow is triggering by other Event which might be triggering through background method.

so instead of checking in SWE2, Switch on Event trace using SWELS.

trigger your workflow again and do you process.

then check in SWEL to identify how many object-events are trigeered and WF assigned to it.

after identifying these you can take further action

Thanks

Rambabu

former_member317781
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rambabu,

I have done the TRACE and the WF triggers only my WF.

Jacob.