Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After archiving unused size is not increasing

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear experts

i have archived data from archiving object MM_MATBEL ,the archived data is displaying in archiving information system , but its not creating any impact on DB02

Example

table MSEG before archiving  unused size is 59640, After archiving also its showing same size

Please tell what the reason

Regarsd

Ajeesh.s

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tony took the words right out of my mouth.

Just want to add that your settings for file size and number of documents are not really good once.

You should only use one of the fields to control the size of the archive file.

if you create an index then the file is loaded into memory and processed, so it should not become bigger than your available memory size (talk to your basis consultant)

the number of records is not really a good way to control, e.g. a purchase order could have just one item or several hundreds, so the file size in MB could vary a lot if you go for numbers of records.

further, if you are going to use a content repository outside SAP, then you have to STOre the archive there, which means moving it from SAP file system to this repository. Even for this move the file size should not be that big.

We are using 80 MB

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

we did reorganization of our database  still its not creating any  impact on DB02. Please tell me any other solution

Regards

Ajeesh.s

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which database do you use? Oracle? DB2? any other?

you may have to discuss this with your DB administrator

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

Database system MSSQL

Regards

Ajeesh.s

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no experience at all with MSSQL server, so you have to contact your DB admin.

There a forum entries in the web that just say: All you have to do is goto SQL Server manager, maintenance plan and schedule database reorganization from there.

SAP itself has published this note:

Note 159316 - Reorganizing tables on SQL Server

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201157
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeesh,

DB02 alone is not sufficient for checking the space statistics,

have You used T.Code: TAANA prior to archiving? and after archiving

running table statistics on the different tables of FI_DOCUMNT is also a good idea, so that it reflects up to date info

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TAANA does not give any information about table size and unused size

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Jurgen. Infact TAANA is used to analyze the number of entries in a table. It is useful to analyze entries in Fiscal year, company code..etc.

former_member201157
Participant
0 Kudos

I never stated what taana is capable of I just asked if he was using it

Table statistics is run through other tools

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The spaces is still allocated to the archiving object, even the space is unused.

SAP will refill this empty space  with new data.

it depends on the database if it is automatically freed, or if you need to do a reorganisation of your database. Please contact a colleague from the basis team.

See as well this documentation for Oracle database, even in case you dont run Oracle, it explains the background to what I said above.

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

any other suggetions

Regards

Ajeesh.s

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Jurgen states, the DB space isnt reclaimed until a re-org is performed.

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

Am doing archiving in  development server this development server is using only for archiving (not doing any other posting & all) .before that i used one another DEV server there DBO2  status is updating properly

Regards

Ajeesh.s

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you want to tell me with this statement?

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

I  want to know whether this issue is belongs to my Archiving configuration or Basis issue

Please check below configuration steps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajeesh,

The screen shot shows only the information related to Technical settings and Application Specific Customization for FI_DOCUMNT and this is no way related to DB02.

Once After Archiving the DB02 will be updated if and only if you do the re org of the tables related to FI_DOCUMNT

Eg : BSEG, BKPF, BSIS, BSAD....etc.

With Regards,

Tony.