cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria 7 P3 IOS Enrollment Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi group,

I am unable to Enrolling with Afaria server for IOS devices. Might be the following is the issue.

httpResponse.allHeaderField Dictionary: {

"Cache-Control" = private;

"Content-Length" = 0;

Date = "Thu, 17 Oct 2013 12:35:10 GMT";

Server = "Microsoft-IIS/7.5";

"X-AspNet-Version" = "2.0.50727";

"X-Powered-By" = "ASP.NET";

}

I have attached log.txt file.

Can i do any settings in IIS.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please confirm after enrollment code does it prompt for username .

Relay server is available in environment or direct ports open from server

All the ports are open from relay sever : Browse the relay server url from device

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chetan dalvi, it is prompting Username and Password.i entered username and password , after that is not enrolling.

For RelayServer Firewall is off(All ports are open). For Android device it is working good.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chetan dalvi,while i am accessing relayserver url from the device(iPad) it showing the below error.

http://--------------:80/ias_relay_server/client/rs_client.dll/afaria/un-aips/aipService.svc/Enrollm...{1bfa4106-8939-41a1-a3d9-5cbe41380cf5}&ClientType=-8

Error

-----------

405-HTTP verb used to access this page is not allowed.

Error Description: 'HTTP Method not allowed'

This may be because an invalid URI or HTTP method was specified. Please see the service help pagefor constructing valid requests to the service.

0 Kudos

Hi Rajaramesh,

Please try below mentioned steps.

• Browse to the virtual directory for Relay Server in IIS. Click Handler Mappings --> Edit Feature Permissions
    and make sure that Script and Execute are allowed.
  • Make explicit connection to the Relay Server in question to troubleshoot the
    issue.

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

0 Kudos

Also ensure execute below steps on your afaria server.

• Open IIS
  • Navigate to <ComputerName> -> Websites -> Default Website ->
    <AfariaAdministratorVirtualDirectory>
  • Right click and select Properties 
  • Select the Directory Tab -> Configuration . . . 
  • Select the .asax application extension, then select Edit. .

1. Verify that GET, HEAD, POST, DEBUG
      are listed in the Verbs section.
  • Repeat Step # 5 for the .ascx, .aspx, and
    .asmx application extensions
  • Reset IIS after changes are made
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please help with the error prompt on device at the time of enrollment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi joshi, i done Handler Mapping for RelayServer. But when i searching for asax ,ascx, .aspx extensions in Afaria virtual directory -HandlerMappings ,those extensions are not seeing in IIS.

The following area i am searching for the extensions. IIS-Default websites->Afariavirtualdirectory-HandlerMappings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chetan dalvi. It is showing incompatable enrollment server. But I done enrollment for IOS before,at that time is not showing any kind of error. Now i re-installed Afaria 7 SP3 in my system.It is showing incompatable enrollment server. That means Afaria need fresh operating system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to install the hotfix 6 and 7 for incompatible error.

Afaria 6.6 Feature Pack 1 Hot Fix 125 for Afaria 6.6 2011_05

Afaria 6.6 Feature Pack 1 Hot Fix 123 for Afaria 6.6 2011_06

Afaria 7 Service Pack 1 Hot Fix 32 for Afaria 7 Service Pack 1

Afaria 7 Service Pack 2 Hot Fix 20 for Afaria 7 Service Pack 2

Afaria 7 Service Pack 3 Hot Fix 4 or Hot Fix 6 for Afaria 7 Service Pack 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chetan dalvi. But when i installed First time Afaria  in my computer i did not installed Hot Fix 4 or Hot Fix6.At that time the IOS  device is successfully enrolled with Afaria System. When i re installed second time afaria in my system i got this error.

That  means Afaria need Fresh operating system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it don't required the fresh operating system .

When you uninstall the previous version make sure to remove all the component , folder directory , registry key from the server .

The above incompatible error is due to hotfix not applied on the server , i will suggest you to install the relevant hotfix and try

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chetan dalvi. Thank you . We dont have frontline.sybase.com account. That is the problem. That's why i want to fix the issue without using Afaria 7 Service Pack 3 Hot Fix 4 or Hot Fix 6 for Afaria 7 Service Pack 3.

Ok thank you for your answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi chetan dalvi,

i have iPhone 4.2.1 . I installed Afaria client on it. I can able to connect with Afaria server. But when i connect with iPad 5.1 it showing incompatible server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

From Iphone you required SSL certficate .. However for the incompatible error you required the Hofix 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, iOS 5 and above REQUIRES https/SSL. This might be why your 4.2.1 device works and the 5.1 doesn't work

anilkumar_g3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I installed the hot fixes also,"Incompatible Enrollment Server was resolved",but now i am trying to enroll the ios device the error is "Enrollment Failed",

Is the APNS,Apple Root Inc,Apple Intermediate Certificates are compulsory to enroll ios device.

Please help me to get out of the error,if you have any documentation for installing Afaria send me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. APNS, Apple Root and Apple Intermediate certs are required.

If you have access to the Sybase support portal the info is here: http://frontline.sybase.com/support/resolutionDetails.aspx?KBID=7779

A snippet is included here:

Obtaining the additional Apple Root and Intermediate Certificates to be used with the new APNS Certificate

1. The new APNS certificate obtained from the Apple Push Certificates Portal requires a different Root and Intermediate certificate than the APNS certificate you obtain from the Apple Developer Portal. To obtain these new certificates, in a web browser, go tohttp://www.apple.com/certificateauthority
  2. In the Apple Root Certificates section, download the “Apple Inc. Root Certificate”.
  3. In the Apple Intermediate Certificates section, download the “Application Integration (AAICA)” Certificate.

Installing the Apple Certificates on the Afaria Server Farm MasterCertificates needed:

1. Apple Inc. Root Certificate (.cer file)
  2. Apple Integration (AAICA) Certificate (.cer file)
  3. APSP... push certificate (.pfx or .p12 file)
anilkumar_g3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply peter,i installed the apple certificates on the afaria

But still i am getting same error "Enrollement Failed"

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you specify this during the setup.exe and what cert did you use for signing ?

anilkumar_g3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I generated the APNS Certificateusing above process (ie Article KBID=7779)

I used APNS push certificate (*.pfx) .

I installed it after installation of afaria complete setup, i used the InstallPushCert.exe to install the certificates and then i configure it in IOS Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil . Go to IIS--> ApplicationPool--> select aipsApplication pool change your dot net version from 2.xxx to 4.xxxx . Restart the IIS. Some times it causes this error..

Check it may be it works.

anilkumar_g3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I tried buts its not working ...

anilkumar_g3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Actually i installed Afaria in Amazon cloud systems,is there any specific installation steps for afaria in cloud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil, Trace your logs using iPhoneconfiguration tool  while enrolling, Post the logs .

anilkumar_g3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh Thanks for your support,

I am attaching the log find it.

I have doubts:

Currently i am using a cloud system in Amazon ,

I installed Standalone Afaria in one system,i dont want relay server and ssl communication is they are mandatory

1.Is Microsoft Certificate Authority Server is Mandatory for Only Enrolling IOS Devices,

2.Is APNS Certificate is Mandatory to enrolling IOS Devices,

I want to know the prerequisites for Enrolling IOS devices,

If you have Afaria complete installation documentation of your own please provide me. i have Sybase Standard Installation Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi anil , i don't know about cloud installation. But for Afaria we need Windows Enterprise system(64 bit).

As i know that for IOS we need Windows Enterprise system,becuase we need to configure following

1. Active Directory Certificate Service (ADCS) Role.

2. Network Device Enrollment Service (NDES) Role.

i think you did not configure the settings in IIS.

Check it ..I will explore on your log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi i have gone through your log. I understood that some problem with Afaria Installation ,Mostly your not set IIS settings properly.

anilkumar_g3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Do u have installation document please share with me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi the Afaria document comes with installation folder you can check there.After entering license information the document is available. I cant share here because it my company information. sorry.

Are you using Windows Standalone system for Afraia 7 .xxx?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to specify this DURING installation. The InstallPushCert.exe only enables APNS and doesn't enable signing of the profiles.

anilkumar_g3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes i am using windows standalone system,but the system is in amazon cloud

anilkumar_g3
Explorer
0 Kudos

I already have the document,

Before installing the afaria what are things i need to do

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil .

1)We can run Afaria for IOS without RelayServer.We need SSL(https protocol)certificate for Afaria IOS.

2)Apple accept MDM operations from authorize person. So we have to configure the afaria server with SSL(https).

3) Using http  protocol we can do Enrollment ,which is not part of Apple authorization . But we cannot perform MDM operations.

4) If you want to perform MDM operations ,you have to install MobileConfiguration file on the device,during enrollment it will ask MobileConfiguration file installation .

5) Yes APNS certificate is mandatory for MDM operations not for Enrolling the device.

6)If you want to create SSL for Afaria use self sign certificate.

Thanks

anilkumar_g3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramesh,

How to enable SSL for Afaria.Let me know the steps to be followed

Actually My requirement initially is only enrolling the ios devices and install an app

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi according to your requirement Install Afraia 7.x properly.

I m explaining basic things only you need to explore more..

The following steps leads to your Enrollment for IOS. Don't use RelayServer.

1)Now try to open following url

http://IP address:80/aips/aipService.svc/help

it has to show xml data / Text data

2)If above step succeeded means your enrollment server is installed properly. Now create one enrollment policy for IOS then try to enroll it. If enrollment fails . Fix the issue with Hot fix according to Afaria versions. Now try to enroll it should work.

For MDM operations you have to do following things.

1)

Create one Self Signed Certificate and bind this SSL in IIS-Default settings -> Click on add select your ip with Self sign certificate. Now Select your virtual directory ->select ssl option _Enable SSL

restart your default site.

2) Now Download  Apple INC.Root Certificate, Apple Application Integrated certificate assign to IIS according to Afaria Documentation.

3)Read  the Afaria IOS MDM information in Afaria Docmenatation.

The above MDM operations are clearly mentioned the Afaria Documenatation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi for IOS ,Afaria Need WIndows Enterprise system. Because in windows standalone we cannot see following options,

1. Active Directory Certificate Service (ADCS) Role.

2. Network Device Enrollment Service (NDES) Role.

We have to configure above configuration in IIS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go to below content link and refer the document related to how to start with afaria

http://scn.sap.com/people/chetan.dalvi/content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

the following url helps you

https://www.sapafaria.com/free_trial.php

Here IOS SSL configuration and IOS MDM configuration document is available. Login and read the document.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Rajaramesh,

After checking the log, i found that device received 400 from below URL.

http://---:80/un-aips/aipService.svc/EnrollmentRecord?ID=%7B7bfa4106-8939-41a1-a3d9-5cbe41380cf5%7D&...

Could you please try directly from browser and see you get the same error?

Regards,

Abhishek Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joshi,Thank you for your reply.

I am getting following error.

Error Description: 'HTTP Method not allowed'

This may be because an invalid URI or HTTP method was specified. Please see the service help page for constructing valid requests to the service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever we try to open aipservices.aips services we will get that error .its okie no problem with above error