cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS ver 10 Problem

nigel_mcevilly
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a client who is running a Novell 6.5 Server. Originally they had ADS ver 9 with 50 users. They purchased an additional 25 users and this was then given to them as a 75 user on ADS 10. The company at that stage never downloaded ver 10 nor did they do anything about the extra users!!!

A new IT company has taken over and now wish to install the extra users. They asked for my help. I downloaded the Ver 10 and 10.1 versions from SAP webpage. On running either of these two .exe files I get the same message "This is not a valid Win32 Application". I tried ver 9 and it worked perfectly.

I have tried to find the Version 10 setup file but to no avail, I get routed to the SAP servers again. I need the version 10 desperately.If thier server crashes they will be, nevermind what!

I am aware that ver 10 is no longer supported but I feel that it should still be available is someone needs it. This company using this system has been running the Novell server and ADS for a legacy system for the past 12 plus years and are quite happy with it.

I reakky hope someone out there can help me with the files.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HakanHaslaman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I download now the ADS NLM Version 10.10.x from here:

Platforms for Advantage Database Server Release 10.1 - Advantage Developer Zone

I was able to unzip and install it.
Try to unzip it on anohter Windows machine, if necessary with anohter Windows OS.

nigel_mcevilly
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks, dowloading now and will try on both my pc's at home! Holding thumbs will keep all informed!

nigel_mcevilly
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nigel_mcevilly
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you Hakan! Not sure what happend! I had downloaded it 4 times on three different PC's and tried to run but each time got the same message. Downloaded from your link and it worked. Took it to the clients site ran it and all is fine. Loaded and updated. Thank you for the quick response!!

HakanHaslaman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Welcome Nigel.