Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin View or Functionality for the Business Process Owner

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a requrirement that Business Process Owner (not the IT person), should be able the search the process instances and take action on them like "terminate process" or "Change Authorization".

However the Business Process Owner do not want to go through the "Guided Procedures" -> "Administration" -> "General" menu clicks.

Business Process Owner should able ONLY to get to "Maintain Processes" option of the "General" or "Overview" menu.

Also,

Business Proces Owner would like find the process instances based on only the Instance Name and/or Instance Status and/or Start Date Range.

Is there a prebuilt functionality or is there way to utilize the SAP CAF delivered components by configuring the permission/roles.

IF NOT, how to access the process instance data so I can custom build this kind of functionality.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

As I know GP does not provide such a pattern which covers your requirements.

You can build this functionality in custom way.

I propose the following:

Use the

public IGPProcessInstanceInfo[] com.sap.caf.eu.gp.process.rt.api.IGPRuntimeManager.getCompletedInstances(GPSearchRole searchRole, Date startDate, Date endDate, IGPUserContext userContext) ;

and

public IGPProcessInstanceInfo[] com.sap.caf.eu.gp.process.rt.api.IGPRuntimeManager.getRunningInstances(GPSearchRole searchRole, Date startDate, Date endDate, IGPUserContext userContext)

to retrieve process instances by your search criteria.

As search role you should use the GPSearchRole.OWNER.

After this you can filter these processes by name in custom way and represent them.

To terminate a process instance you can use the following method:

public IGPProcessInstance com.sap.caf.eu.gp.process.rt.api.IGPRuntimeManager.stopProcess(IGPProcessInstance processInstance, IGPUserContext userContext) ;

You need to use GP exposed public api:

DC: caf/eu/gp/api

PP: external

POssible it helps.

Best regards,

Alaiksei