cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding ODS to Multiprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

FACT: I have 31 ODS objects.

FACT: Only 23 ODS objects appear available when I'm creating a new multiprovider.

QUESTION: When I create my multiprovider I am first selecting my COPA Cube and then I want to choose an ODS that I created.... What exactly is the criteria for the ODS in order for it to show up in the Multiprovider so that I can select it? The ODS I need to use will not appear. The ODS shares a common characteristic with the CUBE so it does not make sense to me why it will not appear. Alternatively when I try to create an infoset it does indeed appear on the list so I know it's not an issue of not being active or something like that... any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

The ODS must be enabled for BEx reporting for it to show up to be added to a MultiProvider. You can check this in the ODS Edit screen > Settings > BEx Reporting.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

But Patrick is telling that ODS is appearing in infoset creation not in multiprovider creation ?

is there any specific settings for each?

I think when you select BEx reporting ,,it will appear in both infoset and multiprovider creation?

correct me if iam wrong Bhanu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help. That was exactly the problem. I thought I had that option turned on but I did not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick/Sindu,

For Infoset its not mandatory that the Bex options needs to be checked for the ODS but for Multiprovider it is a must.

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

In the ODS selection screen have you selected all Info Areas..

Check those settings too..

Cause if your ODS is available for reporting you should be able to see it..

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Patrick,

make sure in the setting you selected the option for BEX reporting in the ODS and also do the identification for the fields you want to use in your multiprovider.

THanks

Q