cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding key figure to stats cube problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've just tried to add a key figure to the BW statistics OLAP cube. I have saved and activated the change but the key figure does not appear in the query designer.

The key figure is People Count - technical name ZHDCNT_LS

Can anyone help me with this issue

Thanks

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

just a stupid thought....

you certainly log off from the BEx and then re-log in after your enhancement, right ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I definately did log out of Bex after the change. Just did again to check and the new key figure still isn't there

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

how is your keyfigure defined?

Is it defined as a reference to another keyfigure?

I had a similar problem with a keyfigure that was defined as a reference to another one.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is a reference to another key figure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

create a new keyfigure (not referencing another) and add it to the cube. That should work.

kind regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

When a key figure references to another it is mainly used for business elimination. Since there are no master data it is not necessary to reference key figures. Use a template instead.

Best regards

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if what I did was referencing a key figure. I went into the admin workbench found the infocube, right clicked on it and clicked change. I then went to the key figures tab and then found the key figure i wanted in the template section on the right and transferred it to the structure section on the left.

What should I be doing differently?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

I think people is talking about KF definition...double-click on your custom KF and check if, in the definition page, an other KF is indicated as 'reference KF' (near short description).

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

After Roberto's comments, I dont think this key figure is a reference

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem solved. the kf has suddenly appeared in the query designer. Not sure why it wasn't there before but never mind.

Thanks for the comments everyone made