Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding field to 0PROFIT_CTR_ATTR datasource

charla_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We currently use the 0PROFIT_CTR object in several cubes in our bw production systems.

We are now creating a new cube, where we have a requirement for the Profit Center Area (CPEC-KHINR). 0PROFIT_CTR is sourced from the CPEC table. To meet this new requirement, we need to start loading the KHINR field from CPEC also.

I'm unsure if we should just enhance the 0PROFIT_CTR_ATTR datasource to include KHINR, and add a custom object Profit Center Area as an attribute of the 0PROFIT_CTR object. Or if I should create a new datasource with this field, and load the new Profit Center Area object using that datasource.

I am cautious about changing the 0PROFIT_CTR_ATTR datasource and 0PROFIT_CTR infopbject because they are widley used in our production systems already. We do have dev and test systems where these changes will be implemented before going to production, but I'm curious as to the best approach.

Any input is much appreciated.

Thanks

Charla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. R/3: You need to change the standard data source. It is not a practice to maintain data sources for the same subject.

2. BW: Create another object for profit cenrte with the changes you want and load.

Ravi Thothadri

charla_robertson
Participant
0 Kudos

That's what I was leaning towards also. What are the risks involved in modifying the 0PROFIT_CTR infoobject? Is it possible the SIDS in the data already loaded might become inconsistent? Are we able to add an Attribute to an infoobject without deleting data?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charla,

You can create a new Z infoobject for profit center and select the new attribute.

Enhance your current datasource to have the new field.

Maintain mappings between new infoobject and the datasource at the transfer rule level.

Use this Z object in your new to be designed cube.

Regards.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest that follow the following approach:

1) go to rsa6 and see whats the extract structure is

2) see if it is BIW_CEPC which is a database view.

3) Go and append the structure of the view with the following field

4) Activate it and generate the datasource.

5) Replicate datasource in BW

6) Add the corresponding InfoObject in the 0PROFIT_CTR and activate

7) Do a test load in developement and then transport to other systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Please help me to add one additional field to the Profit Center Attribute Extractor(Standard). When we go to RSA6 display mode,it shows that there are only 6 fields available as shown below. But in the Extract Structure(BWEC_MD_PROFIT_CTR),we have 36 fields. I am looking for one of those to be added to the extractor. Please let me know how can we bring that into data source.

DATEFROM Valid-From Date

DATETO Valid To Date

KOKRS Controlling Area

PRCTR Profit Center

VERAK Person Responsible for Profit Center

WAERS Currency Key)

Thanks,

Bobby.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inorder to make changes to 0PROFIT_CTR, you would need to delete the data. make the changes and reload the data - which is not option in the PRD.

So as ravi suggested, create a New IO for profit center and add the needed attributes and load the data from the enhanced datasource.

Former Member
0 Kudos

YES. you cant modify the object unless you delete the data in it and also in the info providers where this is used. Unfortunately, if you have data in the info object, you cant modify without deleting the data.

What you can try is:

Make another IO for prifit centre and send data from 0profit centre. While updating you can map the new fields. This is worth trying.

Ravi Thothadri