cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding ADO.NET (XML) datasets to the database expert

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to be able to add ADO.NET (XML) to the database expert to be able to select them. It currently does not appear as an available option when I try to create a new connection.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Need more info

What version are you using? Did you select Custom Install and manually select that driver?

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don. I'm using version 10 but I didn't select the custom install. Can this be changed without uninstalling and re-installing?

0 Kudos

Yes, go into add/remove software and click on CR 10 and it should give you the option to change or add/remove features. Or just run the installer again and it should also ask you if you want to modify or change. It's been a long time since I ran the CR 10 installer so not sure what it actually says.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos

Just a reminder.... If you have your solution PLEASE mark the post as answered.... Then I don't have in a month or so when I see no activity and have to assume you have your answer....

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry about this Don but I can't seem to see the option I need available in the list. I installed all available drivers and the ADO.NET (XML) does not appear there. Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry, that reminded me in CR 10 we had a stand alone XML driver. That driver was deprecated ( no longer supported ) and replaced with the ADO.NET driver in CR XI R2 and above.

You'll have to upgrade to VS 2008 and CR 2008 to get it now.

I upgrade to Windows 7 and no longer have CR 10 installed so just going by memory now...

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for this Don.

Answers (0)