cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new language (Euskera) into the portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to add a new language, Euskera, into the portal.

Looking the note 624929 these are the steps that I did:

1. Localize the umeuseradminbase.jar, unzip, copy the languages_es.properties and change to make languages_eu.properties. Add to the package.

2. Localize avalaibleLocales.properties, and add eu in a new line.

3. Restart the server.

Now I suppose that in useradmin in the portal, should appear my language, but it's not.

What I am doing wrong?

Thanks.

Guillermo.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not just enough to add languages_eu.properties to jar file, you also need to add eu = Euskera to all languages properties files in the jar.

After that redeploy the par file and restart the server.

Regards,

Praveen Gudapati

iker_espinosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem. Could I save the properties files in other folder (just not to lose them) and try this with just 2 languages?

It is just because it is easier to manage this with just a couple of languages.

Thanks.

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I have done what you've said, but I don`t know how to redeploy de PAR.

And I don't understand why I have to redeploy the PAR. I thought I just had to create a new JAR (not PAR) file and overwrite the other one.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Download the com.sap.portal.usermanagement.admin.par file and replace the umeuseradminbase.jar with yours and redeploy the par.

You can download the par file from

Goto system administration -> support -> portal runtime ->browse deployment ->ROOT -> WEB-INF (browse)-> deployment( browse)->pcd(browse)

Download "com.sap.portal.usermanagement.admin.par.bak" and rename to com.sap.portal.usermanagement.admin.par

Or you can also find par file on server under <installation_Directory>\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcd

Regards,

Praveen Gudapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't understand, when you said "...replace the umeuseradminbase.jar with yours..." because I can't find the .jar in the project folders.

Where I have to put the .jar in the project?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The jar files are present in com.sap.portal.usermanagement.admin.par file, but if you import this as project into NWDS, then the jar files are not imported automatically. So you need to manually copy the jar files into NWDS project.

So copy com.sap.portal.usermanagement.admin_api.jar and umeuseradminbase.jar from lib folder of the par file into \dist\PORTAL-INF\lib folder in your project.

Copy com.sap.portal.usermanagement.admin_core.jar from \private\lib folder of the par file into \dist\PORTAL-INF\private\lib folder in your project.

After that change the umeuseradminbase.jar and create par and deploy.

Regards,

Praveen Gudapati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Well, I've done what you said but still it doesn't appear.

I don't understand how all the languages appears if I only have three files of languages in umeuseradminbase.jar

(languages.properties, languages_es.properties, languages_eu.properties), and the same two lines in.

Maybe something I missed, but I don't know what.

Any clue?

Thank you for everything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillermo,

Typically adding a new language woyuld require SAP support. But if you need to go ahead, it would be better if you re-use an existing language. You can toggle between the 2 languages using a custom developed application which changes the locale.

You wont have to worry much here.

Prem

P.S. I checked up wikipedia regarding euskera... I didnt know it was another name for Basque. Very interesting ah.... Saw some of this stuff on Discovery Travel And Living