cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Custom BO to Standard Work Center

premkumar007
Explorer

Hi Friends,

Created a Custom BO and created floor plans including Work center view and WCF. But i wanted my Work center view to be part of Standard WCF say for example Sales order work center. I understand we can add our view from Sales order work center but do not know how to access standard work center in Studio.

Kindly please help.

Regards

Premkumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

premkumar007
Explorer

Dear Dhanya,

Thanks for the link it was very useful. I tried to follow the steps mentioned in the document and i was able to create a view under "Sales order" work center. After granting access to the business user the new view is still not visible. Let me explain what i did.

Step 1 : In UI designer under Configuration explorer found Sales Order WCF under following path "/SAP_BYD_APPLICATION_UI/crm/soc/SalesOrders_crm_WCF".

Step 2: Under Extensibility explorer selected "Assign view to work center" option

Step 3: Selected custom work center view as shown below

Step 4: Under add scoping rule selected "Sales order processing". (I assume this step will ensure users having Sales order access will be granted access to the custom work center view)

Step 5: After Save and activation "Sales Bonus View" is visible in floorplan. Also activated entire solution and deployed business configuration.

Step 6: Logged on to system as Administrator. Wanted to grant access to the work center. New view linked to work center "Sales order" is not visible. Granted complete access to the work center.

On the other hand Custom work center created for Sales Bonus is visible as shown below.

Step 7: Logged out and logged in again as a business user. New view is still not visible under Sales order work center.

Kindly please check and let me know if something is missed out.

Thanks you once again!

Premkumar

kostadin_terziev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, premkumar007 !

Did you manage to do this? I have the same issue as you described...

former_member564242
Active Participant

Dear Premkumar,

As you Created Custom BO with WCF and WC View and you would have Created another WC View using Targetgroup BO and under that I want to add Target OWL screen

Here try using as, Use standard WCView of TargetGroup and Add standard WCView to your custom WCF.

br,

Sneha

premkumar007
Explorer

Dear Sneha,

Thanks for your prompt support. Sorry i am a beginner and i do not understand well. I have created screens using "Create screen --> Screen scenario with navigation" option. My Custom BO appears in a separate work center while i want it under "sales order" work center.

It will be great if you can explain the procedure step by step.

Regards

Premkumar

former_member206060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Premkumar,

Please refer to the "Add a View to a Work Center" section in the help document which explains step by step procedure in achieving your requirement.

One thing to note, you can either create extension screens for the sales order in SDK or directly go to Configuration explorer and search for the sales order screen where you want to add the view.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dhanya

premkumar007
Explorer

Dear Dhanya,

Thanks for the link it was very useful. I tried to follow the steps mentioned in the document and i was able to create a view under "Sales order" work center. After granting access to the business user the new view is still not visible. Let me explain what i did.

Step 1 : In UI designer under Configuration explorer found Sales Order WCF under following path "/SAP_BYD_APPLICATION_UI/crm/soc/SalesOrders_crm_WCF".

Step 2: Under Extensibility explorer selected "Assign view to work center" option

Step 3: Selected custom work center view as shown below

Step 4: Under add scoping rule selected "Sales order processing". (I assume this step will ensure users having Sales order access will be granted access to the custom work center view)

Step 5: After Save and activation "Sales Bonus View" is visible in floorplan. Also activated entire solution and deployed business configuration.

Step 6: Logged on to system as Administrator. Wanted to grant access to the work center. New view linked to work center "Sales order" is not visible. Granted complete access to the work center.

On the other hand Custom work center created for Sales Bonus is visible as shown below.

Step 7: Logged out and logged in again as a business user. New view is still not visible under Sales order work center.

Kindly please check and let me know if something is missed out.

Thanks you once again!

Premkumar