cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add an extra page to a smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to add an extra page to my smartform output, i am not talking about the next page which is output if the contents exceed the size of the first. But an extra page containing some text of terms and conditions which has to be output in addition to the actual form content.

Can anyone help me out with this please?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudr,

You can create the page asusual u can print the page by calculating the formpages.

For the formpages u can get the system fields. define it in the condition for the last page. check the pageno. with the total no. of pages. if it is satisfied print the page.

I hope u r clear what i am saying..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

You can create a COMMAND node in the main window for providing explicit page break.

With Regards,

Nelson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hasmath,\

I have tried this method but it doesnt work because, the formpages fields arent set until the entire form is processed, hence using conditions based on form pages doesnt work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

You are right, in fact that is what i finally did to solve the problem, thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

Please reward appropriate points.

With Regards,

Nelson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nelson i have rewarded the points for very helpful answer, since button for solved problem is blocked, the reason being that i had already fixed the problem by the command method last evening, and had marked it as solved on my own. i really appreciate your input, and shall look forward to hearing from you again

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

After Creating First Page, U have to set general attributes -> Next Page. here u give ur first page link.

Now Create second page, and give link of second page.

By this way, after completion of first page contents, u can see second page contents.

Regards,

Digesh Panchal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done it for SAPSCRIPT. Define third page and write text(or include standard text). In the second page check the pagenumber with total number of pages, if it is equal

NEXT-PAGE = third page.

Hope it solves ur problem

amit_khare
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can add the extra page to your smartform by using following path.

Right click on the current page and select create from the popup menu.

in create select Page and a new page will be added toy our smartform which you can use.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

this new page that you speak of will never get generated, usually smartforms by design have two pages, a second page which gets generated only if the form contents exceed the first page, say for example the main window size, i need an extra page generated irrespective of whether main window size of first page is exceeded or not.

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruda,

please use the search option of the forum :

you could find previous question like your:

Regards

Frédéric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

I had indeed read the thread that you suggest before posting my question, and as i have tried to explain in my question, it is not the same thing. That discusses a problem where the form was not going into it's second page, i want to know how i can attach an extra page, even if the first page is not exceeded, for example a terms and conditions disclosure along with an invoice which must come as a separate page irrespective of whether first page which has the actual invoice is exceeded or not.

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok,

so I never find a good solution to your problem, I just create a new smartform with this famous page, and call the new smartform just after the first one.

If you find something better ..

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

Yes infact you have mentioned this on a previous thread as well, i have seen that too!! but nelson's suggestion worked. creating a third page, setting it as the next page of the third page and providing a command in the main window of the first page which says go to third page only after end of main window.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Smartform Experts,

I need to do somewhat similar thing, But my requirement is I have 2 pages whose main Window contents are different and both contents can go to multiple pages. I cannot define explicit page break since No new page is allowed in secondary window. Again no 2 different Main windows can be used in Smartform.

Any Solution for this is highly appreciated?

Regards

Prasad Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

define an explicit page break in the main window and put it under a condition that it should only be generated when the final contents of the main window of the second page is output, this is possible, as you have said the contents of the two main windows are slightly different in that case put a piece of code after the last element (text element, graphic etc.) of the main window where you set a flag = 'X' now put the page break in the condition that it should be generated only if flag = 'X'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually I have 2 page layout with different contents. Both Main window contents are different.

My First page can spil over next page and details page

can also spil over multiple pages.

I have done is First Page with windows, Second page with some windows from First Page. Both have Next page as Details Page. I doubt if this spils for contents on First page over to second page.

And

The Details page has different way of representing data, Each Ship-to's Address(Could be multiple and can spil over) and Item Details(This forms kind of Main Window)

Created Secondary Window. But remaining data is truncated.

Suggestions Appreciated

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

From what you are saying there are two options:

Option 1: It seems like you have a total of 3 pages in your smartform, First page, Next Page and Details Page if that is so you need to set Next Page as next page of first page and then set Details page as next page of Next page and Details page as next page of details page. Having done that if you need to set an explicit page break to output the Details page then set a command node in the main windows of First and Next Page (assuming main windows of first and next page are same)

for an explicit page break but put in under a condition as described in my previous post (i.e page break only if the entire contents of the main window of first or first and next pages have been printed).

Option 2: You have a total of 2 pages in your smartform called First Page and Next page where main windows are different, now in this case if the contents of the main window of first page is not going over to a second page but instead is getting truncated, then i advise you to remodel your smartform so that it works like the model described in option 1. That is create 3 pages where the second page is simply a continuation of the first page with SIMILAR MAIN WINDOWS and then a 3rd details page where the main window can be different and then apply the solution described in option 1.

I hope i have been able to understand your problem, if not then my apologies for giving such a long drawn explanation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to resolve this.

I kept only 1 Main window for all three pages and shifted the nodes to be printed on Details page after page break with condition only on Page as Details page.

Rudra, Your suggestion of Next Page Sequence helped me to resolve Next Page issue which I had earlier.

Thanks A Lot.

Message was edited by: Prasad Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

glad to be of any help whatsoever, a couple of reward points if you please!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where do I do that? Never done that before

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to give points: Mark your thread as a question while creating it. In the answers you get, you can assign the points by clicking on the stars to the left.

to the left of the replies you will see some radiobuttons with stars, just mark any one you tink is appropriate. I guess i deserve a couple of points for resolving this problem as well, hee hee.