cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Vs. Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know what these actual and planning cubes and queries are...the similarities and differences between them and what they exactly meant for????

Thanks a ton,

Anita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vujjini,

u have many features for transactional cube when compared with basic cube.this is used for BW-BPS.

1.U can have a planing area.(at most u can have one planing area per cube,i.e u can access to the one more sap/non sap system provided if u speify in the RFC path)

2.Many users can interact at the same as it has parellel write access.

3.During entry of planning data, the data is written to a transactional InfoCube data request. As soon as the number of records in a data request exceeds a threshold value, the request is closed and a rollup is carried out for this request in defined aggregates (asynchronously).

4.Basic cubes can have index and can be partioned,where as transactional cubes u can not be partitioned.

5.blindly u can say basic cubes are better for readind and transactional cubes have reduced read only performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

take a look here (basic and transactional cube):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/80/1a643fe07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/content.htm

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

oh ohhh...

i guess actual cube is the basic cube which always contains data and where as planning cube is the transactional cube where insert and update of data are possible using the transactions... Am I right ???? are there still any extra features ????

Thanks,

Anita

somnathkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

And you can switch the status of a transactional cube between:

1. Can be Loaded with Data, Planning not Allowed

2. Can be Planned, Loading not allowed.

This switching functionality is the main difference.