cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active version of workflow is not picked in target system

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i had done a change in exixting workflow, this was transported to a test system.

when i see in the test system, the current version is not active.

its picking the old version (0000)

i am not able to activate through RSWDACTIVATE program, it shows the workflow contains error.

when i check in dev system there are no errors.

please help me as i am new to workflows.

Thanks and Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Check the workflow for syntax errors in target system.

Some times due to transport, some containers might missing and causing error in production.

In this case you have to delete and recreate the containers in Development and have to move to target system.

Thanks,

Vijay.

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

You were right. There were some errors related to container elements in test system which i corrected in development system and transported. It then picked the active version automatically.

Regards,

Deepak.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

May be the case, there ware no active instance on the production for older version, and you transported it . As a result newer version of developement system   copied to older version in production system

mr22
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Are you testing your workflow for a particular instance ?

If yes, and the instance was created before your changes were moved to that system, then the old version of the workflow is picked.

try to create a new instance, and then check if it is still picking the old version.

Also, you can check your worklfow in SWDD, and run the syntax check in bottom of the screen.

Regards,

Meenakshi

pokrakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am not able to activate through RSWDACTIVATE program, it shows the workflow contains error.

What error? Message? Open with SWDD -> Check.

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Try executing fm SWD_WFD_REPLICATE_FROM_9999 to resolve this issue.

Refer to SAP Note 1027175 Check the transports, some container elements might be missing in the new system.

Check if there are any locks on WF-BATCH in DEV or QAS system via SM12 and remove the locks.

If nothing works try re-importing again and last option would be opening up the client to activate the WF template.

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open the workflow template in test system with SWDD. Run the syntax check. In the bottom of the screen you should see the error messages. See what is wrong/missing, fix the issue in development (or transport the possible missing elements/components). => Problem solved.

One typical mistake is that you have transported certain changes to the WF template to test system, but something (task, rule, data type, etc). that is needed by the template was not transported. => Workflow can be activated in development, but not in test.

Kind regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deepak,

This might be a scenario where your original workflow might have come to production from another dev system and now your dev system workflow is having some other changes, Request you to go into your dev system and check the syntax and go to menus and click on display all errors. If still there is no error , you need to generate the version manually in Dev system and the check the syntax,

Thanks

Rakesh