cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi frnds,

I need to enhance the workflow 18900023 for the claims approval.

But in this workflow there is no event linkage.

So once i enhance the workflow where i need to connect that custom workflow.

Please suggest me.

Regards,

Ramya Ramasamy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, you need to find out where the workflow gets started from. There are many ways: first, find all the "start workflow" function modules. There should be at least two: the SAP_WAPI* function module that is called by regular programs and another lower-level one that is called internally. Add an infinite loop using the enhancement framework at the beginning of both of them and see which one hangs in SM50 when you perform the functionality that starts the workflow. You can go to the debugger from SM50 and see where and how did the function module get called.

former_member16044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

As said above, goto SWDD -> WF no.-> Start Events -> Activate the linkage

Other/ in fact the same option is to go to SWE2 and create an entry for the required workflow event linkage.

And in case you want to customize the mentioned SAP provided workflow, goto PFTC-> select workflow-> enter WF no without WS -> copy(button available from menu). And in this you can customize according to your need.

Regards,

Rahul Kulkarni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There is no event. I thing it is triggered with the workflow number.

Regards,

Ramya R

former_member16044
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is it triggered from ESS/MSS? In that case, in the configuration  workflow no. is maintained.

Yes, the workflow no. you have mentioned does not have an event. You can either use SAP_WAPI_START_Workflow FM to start the WF directly. But, in case you want customization, it is advised to start using events. In that case, FM SAP_WAPI_CREATE_EVENT can be used and need to add the event at the start condition.

Regards,

Rahul Kulkarni

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to  enhance means what functionality do you want to add.

If you only want to linkage with Event , then in SWDD basic Data, "Start Event"  add your Business object Event. And activate it.

Lot of post in SCN is there for 'How to Activate Linkage'. Search in SCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

I do not need the event linkage . I want to know where i should connect this custom workflow.

Since the event linkage is not there , they would have given the workflow number somewhere to trigger the workflow. I just need to know the triggering point.

please suggest me where it would be triggered.

Regards,

Ramya Ramasamy