cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of Query Variable in BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am working on Bex report designer 3.x in 7.0 environment .I have activated a variable (Current Calendar month) in business content .However it does not appear in my Query when i try to restrict a characteristic using this variable .Is there a step Iam missing in between ??? or is this the prob in 7.0 ??

this is urgent so any help will be appeciated .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

on what infoobject is this variable built? are u trying to restrict the same infoobj?

if so, try log off and log in again in query designer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a navi attribute 0created_on . I have to restrict it by current month .when i try to look for variables in 0calmonth charateristic it is appearing on the list of available variables .but not for 0created_on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logging off and relogin in not helping .

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi.. calmonth and created on will have different formats.. you wont get the variable created on calmonth under created on..

either use cal month to restrict for current month

or you have to write an exit to populate variable for created on from start of month to end of month

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradhibha.

Hi all ,

it seems i do have to write an exit to restrict my createdon field to fiscal period field in the report .

can someone pls explain this procedure to me ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riddhi

You are apparently using the old Report Designer [[BEx Report Designer 3.x]]. You would have a separate Report Designer installed along with BI 7. Both behave slightly differently. Ask your Basis or Systems team to install the newer version of the Report Designer. [You could install Front End SAP GUI 7.x]

Alternatively, if you have the newer version of Query Designer, you can create the variable and view it on the Report Designer.

Send me your mail id I will send you a screenshot of what I'm referring to.

Message was edited by:

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

please mail me at riddhi_raval@satyam.com .

So are u suggesting that i create this customer exit variable in BI7 or is there any new feature in Bex analyser that will provide me this without having to create a customer exit ? if this is the case then it will be very good since creating customer exit is only our last resort .

thanks