cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation of BEx-History via RS_PERS_ACTIVATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I have an urgent question: I activated the BEx-History using the Report RS_PERS_ACTIVATE (alternatively via the IMG path). Everything works fine. My problem is now the following: before activation of BEx-History, all endusers were used to see the role-menu by default when opening the BEx-Analyzer in order to execute a query or a workbook. Now with active BEx-History, once they have executed a report they are put directly to the history-menu when opening the BEx-Analyzer again. This is indeed a bit confusing to the endusers, since they are wondering where all the reports are they used to have in their role menu (despite the fact, that they now only have to click on the role-menu button below ). Does anybody know how to set the default back so that the role-menu is opened again initially and the user has the option to jump to the history individually?

Cheers!

Thomas

PS: I have also opened up an oss-note - let's see who is faster - those guys directly at SAP or you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try deactivating personalization of the history view in the BEx Open dialog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you exacly mean? In the bex open dialog I only have the options to open a query/workbook/view/exception.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto Customizing (Implementation Guide (IMG) SAP Reference IMG -> BW Customizing Implementation Guide -> Business Information Warehouse -> Reporting-relevant Settings -> General Reporting Settings -> Activate Personalization in BEx -> check if there are any personilization options.

I am checking this will update onec I get the solution.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

first of all (just for info) is not possible to deactivate personalization once activated (strange, but true !)

...and I don't think it's possible to customize the open dialog of BEx screen (in order to let the role section appear as first)...here we cannot probably give a solution, but let us know if SAP suggests some code modification or something similar...

Thanks !

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I realised that lately. But I think we can achieve this by using an ABAP program. What do you say?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I know that it is not possible to deactivate the personalization but I thought (at that is also what AVR-IGA thinks) it could be possible to modify the coding or use an ABAP program.

Thanks anyways

Thomas

PS @ AVR-IGA: if you have really realised that recently, please let me know how

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chet,

Sorry, I thought that could be done in IMG, but in vain. We need to do some code change, I believe.

Good Question Chet!!.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Deleting the data of ODS 0PERS_BOD takes away the entries in the History pane. I wonder if you deactivate this ODS, or delete it in RSA1, would it do the trick..?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was also thinking about this option but I am not sure what the consequences would be. Unfortunately, we don't have a sandbox or something similar here...but thanks anyways.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Removing the entries from the History pane is fine, but removing the History view itself I guess is not simple. Deleting the ODS is not a very good idea afterall...

Former Member
0 Kudos

you just tried it in your system??? ))

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks to the SandBox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

(again) I think we have to wait for SAP's word!

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

To all there in cyberspace.

I have had the same problem regarding the personalization of variables in BEX reports.

I have just solved the problem.

Start transaction SM31 (table maintenance)

Enter table RSPERSHEAD and click on [maintain]

It is not necessary to open the BW system for maintenance in SCC4.

Search for the line:

• application component = VAR

• version = A (active)

now un-check the checkbox in the table field "boolean" and save the changes.

As a result the BEX analyzer will show all the personalized variables in the selection screens again, you don't have to delete the data in the ODS 0PERS_VAR.

You can undo the changes by ticking the checkbox again.

I have implemented this solution on BW release 3.1

We only use BEX reporting so I don't know if this solution has any effect on WEB reports.

Suc6, please let me know if one of you encounters any problem with this solution.

Wil Heijmans

Trespa International b.v.