Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate scripting in converted SAC Story

stephlef
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

When I convert a story to Optimized Mode, I get the new layout, but cannot start scripting (no event or scripting object available).

When I create a story from scratch in OEM, I get all the scripting possibilities I expect.

Is there any reason for that? Do we still have to recreate old stories from scratch to get scripting possibilities?

Thanks for your input!

Best regards,

Stéphane

View Entire Topic
Susanne_Helbig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Dear stephlef,

from your screenshot it looks like you're converting a story with responsive pages.

Currently it's not yet possible to migrate existing responsive stories to story2.0. The current migration only migrates to story1.0 stack which is not providing the full potential of story2.0.

This delivery is currently scheduled for Q4. However, this has not been officially confirmed and a delivery in 2024 is also possible.

I can keep you updated with the official release version.

Best regards
Susanne

stephlef
Participant

Dear susannehelbig ,

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you.

So the answer to my question is:

1. Copy all your widgets to canvas pages,
  2. Convert to Story 2.0
  3. Copy all your widgets to responsive pages
  4. Reorganize the mess created by copies and page layout changes

OR

1. Wait till the release which will permit responsive page conversion
  2. Convert to ODM.

Best regards,

Stéphane

Susanne_Helbig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Dear stephlef,

the requested feature will be available with SAC 2023.19

Please have a look at the following blog post:
What’s New in SAP Analytics Cloud Release 2023.19

Best regards
Susanne

JefB
Active Contributor

Hi susannehelbig, "all unified story features are are now supported" -> except for the new composites it seems?
Is this planned anytime soon, as that can influence customer design/decisions today.

Susanne_Helbig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi jefbaey,

as I'm also "just" a user in this case, my team is creating the Integrated Financial Planning business content, I can only assume that there might be a phase two in future, because in the SAP Road Map Explorer it's named with "phase one".

I reached out to my colleagues, but didn't receive any answer so far. I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Best regards
Susanne

Susanne_Helbig
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @JefB with QRC2/2024 Release composite widgets will also support responsive layout.