cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activate load manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have an ODS in which i have to load data from 3 data sources.Does it make a difference in terms of the data if I activate each load individually..please tell me in this regard..

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if there is a setting for this or not but the DSO request are activated serially.

Even if you activate all request together.... by default they are activated one by one.

Reason system spuns out one job for each data package and in case of bigger loads system if scheduled in parallel it will end up using lot of processes.

Thanks

Ajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do not compress requests into a single request when activation takes place.

If you set this indicator, when the activation is complete a request is displayed

in the change log for each of the requests that have been loaded. This means you can

delete requests again on an individual basis in order to return to a previous status

of the ODS object. However, when you update into a further data target, all requests

that are active but have not yet been updated are combined into one single request.

If you want to update requests into connected data targets on an individual basis, you

have to update requests immediately after you have activated them. You can do this

using process chains.

Regards

gaurav

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to look at activation in parallel if the data sets ate independent of each other....

Arun