Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acknowledgement Message Format

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a BPM in my scenario. The end step of this BPM is Synchronous Send.

In the response message i want to configure a structure which will tell me if the message processing is successsful or not.

Suppose if the AE is not able to send the message to the end system, then it will throw an error back to the BPM. Now my requirement is to catch this error message, so how to proceed on this..please help

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Now my requirement is to catch this error message, so how to proceed on this..please help

the only thing you can do is to add a block step (with exception branch)

and inside it your sync send step

if the sync send step will not work the exception branch will

get executed and you can do something oever there

(but you cannot catch the content of the error message from the send step,

you will just know that "some" error orruced)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

thank you for your comments

(but you cannot catch the content of the error message from the send step, you will just know that "some" error orruced)

This is my exact requirement

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>This is my exact requirement

then it cannot be done - sorry

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

>

> hi,

>

> >>This is my exact requirement

>

> then it cannot be done - sorry

>

> Regards,

> Michal Krawczyk

my intention was to say that you got my requirement right....i want to raise an alert in case of an error; just wanted to check if we can configure some message structure for the response.

Thanks.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for you replies. Now I am able to get the exception and throw an alert.

In the same BPM i need to do an additional modification.

When an exception occurs we get some error message in SXMB_MONI say if the message processing failed due to improper Target URL, then a corresponding message is displayed in the SXMB_MONI. Now I need to throw an alert / send an email using this particular message from SXMB_MONI. So please guide me on how to achieve this as this happens to be more than just configuring an alert category.

Thanks.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use a block http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f6/e1283f2bbad036e10000000a114084/content.htm

in the exception handler you can raise alerts, cancel the process etc

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the exception handler you can raise alerts, cancel the process etc

yes I have done exactly the same thing and I am able to raise the alert also. But now in the alert text I want to include the particular error message from SXMB_MONI.

Suppose if SXMB_MONI sayys that processing failed due to improper password, then my alert message should look like processing failed due to improper password.

So my requirement is to get the Error Message from SXMB_MONI and send this text itself as alert message body.

Thanks.

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is the same as mentioned in this thread:

Thanks.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in the alert category define the parameter SXMS_ERROR_CAT & SXMSERRCAT

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d0/d4b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am not wrong when we want to raise an alert from BPM we check the Dynamic Text checkbox in the corresponding alert category. And since this alert is to be raised from a BPM i have to configure the Alert message in the Control Step itself. So defining a particular alert container may not help.

Now suppose an error occurs in a Synchronous Send step of the BPM and I get an error entry in SXMB_MONI with below details:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> 
- <!--  Inbound Message 
  --> 
- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">
  <SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category> 
  <SAP:Code area="MESSAGE">GENERAL</SAP:Code> 
  <SAP:P1 /> 
  <SAP:P2 /> 
  <SAP:P3 /> 
  <SAP:P4 /> 
  <SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: 
SOAP: response message contains an error XIAdapter/PARSING/ADAPTER.SOAP_EXCEPTION - soap
 fault: [ISS.0088.9123] Requested SOAP processor defaul is not registered on this 
server</SAP:AdditionalText> 
  <SAP:Stack /> 
  <SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry> 
  </SAP:Error>

Now my requirement is to get the details in the Additional Text section in the BPM. Had it been a normal alert raising we could have easily used the alert container variable and raised the alert with the required error details, but since it is a BPM I am doubtful if the variables will work.

Thanks.

former_member192105
Participant
0 Kudos

Anybody offering any help to this poor soul in solving the problem??

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one way is to raise an alert.

have a block step which can handle exception and handle the exception by raising an alert.