cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account information not recognized: The Windows AD plug-in does not support Java in NTLM mode. Use Kerberos. (FWM 02100)

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I changed authentication mode from Kerberos to NTLM in authentication of CMC. No I am unable to login in CMC and in BI Launch Pad. How to change this to Kerberos again.

I don't have administrator password. Help me to correct this, developers are unable to login .

Kind Regards

Manna Das

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Das,

You error seems to be related to the file krb5.ini, you need to create it.

Also to be more sure you need to try to login with client tools, if you cannot connect also in this case you must verify the bsclogin.conf

Keep me updated if you need more help.

You can use this KBA http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1631734

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1483762

I hope my answer helped you.

Saloua.

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

@Nikhil, yes u are right, the user i have has a admin right and a AD user.

Dear Saloua,

The notes u have mentioned we have seen those already but no help .

The two files krb5.ini and bsclogin.conf are located in windows. can you tell me what's need to change in that so that i can login into cmc.

Kind Regards

Manna Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have the problem with the client tools?

Also verify the Kinit and also if you have duplicated SPN with setspn -L or setspn -x if you have a duplicated SPN then delete the second one and keep just the account that run the SIA.

Hope my andwer helps you.

Best regards,

Saloua.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manna,

following are the ONLY options I can think off at the moment:

- find another ENTERPRISE user who is part of administrators group and use this to login to CMC and revert the changes.

OR

- follow note 1679970 to reset the ADMINISTRATOR user password which you dont have/forgot. this is a very tedious procedure and needs to be performed with utmost care. ensure you take a full backup of the CMS database first.

OR

- rever to a CMS database backup which was taken before the change wasd done

-Nikhil Nair

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the options Nikhil, unfortunately we cannot revert the CMC database, the note you mentioned is not related to BO.There is no Enterprise user.

We raised a ticket to SAP and waiting for the response.

Kind Regards

Manna Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

the note is related to BO:

1679970 - How to reset the Administrator password in Business Intelligence Platform 4.0

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1679970

-Nikhil Nair

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

Thanks a lot the note. previously I opened another note similar to this one.

Kind Regards

Manna Das

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agree with Nikhil.

NTLM only works for client tools and .NET.

Switch back to Kerberos. You need to ask BI security admin to do that.

Regards,

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you dont have admin user credentials, how did you change Kerb's to NTLM in the first place?

anyways the error occurs because you're using NTLM on a java app/application server which will not work by design.

NTLM authentication will only work if you have .NET infoview (IIS).

login to cmc > authentication > win AD > select 'use kerberos...' under "authentication options".

-Nikhil Nair

manna_das
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

Thanks for the reply. The User i have has administrator rights. But if you go through the BI4.0 admin guide, you will come to know that there is a user named "Administrator". I don't know the password of this user.

Moreover I already mentioned that I am unable to login either in CMC or in BI launch pad, so how can i change the authentication mode ?

looking for help.

Kind Regards

Manna Das

Former Member
0 Kudos

you cannot change the authentication mode unless you login to CMC.

do you mean that the user you have with admin rights is a AD user and hence you're unable revert the changes?

-Nikhil Nair