cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing the field values in different fields for calculation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am creating a report in which I have used breaks for grouping the customers by their category. I have used summary on the amount field to calculate the sum in the individual category and also for total amount.

Now, I also want to add an column which could display the percentages of individual contributions.

So, its like I have to write a query accessing the total percentage, categorized percentage and individual amount.

My question: How can I access the various fields values in the query of some other field specifically sum and total sum( because it shows the sum([Amount]) for category sum and total sum both)

-BOBJuser

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure of your exact query, perhaps a sample would help. It sounds like you need report contexts. These allow you to specify the context of the calculation, overriding the default context. By default the context is to use the dimensions that are displayed in the line.

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I just want to know how exactly I can use the field values in the other field calucalation. its like we have three variables analogous to the fields as Var X, Var y and Var Z. In the calculation of Var Y. I need to use Var X and Var Z also for eg. Var Y= Var X + Var Z.

Again I desire to know how the other fields values are dynamically accesible(Var X and Var Z) are in calculation of any field value( Var Y).

I would appreciate if anyone could give me a sample query or a way to achieve the above mentioned scenario.

Regards,

Ashwin Mahajan

WMuellner
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hmmm, I assume you are talking about WebIntelligence here...

Ok, so let's go: you can access every "object" in the report simply by it's name. Every cell contains either a constant value (e.g. some text) or a formula, the simplest one can be just the value of an "object" from the query.

There is a formula bar on top which you can activate, where you can easily see the content of a specific cell and also copy/paste the formula from the cell, as well as access all the built-in functions.

WebI has a built-in calculator which works very similar to a "micro" olap engine, so you can access every sort of aggregate (of a measure) via a correspondig formula, irrelevant in which cell you are using it.

Nevertheless, there is a "computation context" which depends on the place where you put the formula, e.g. summary row, detail row, etc.

for more info: see the manual )

hth, Walter

Answers (0)