cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about the CATS approval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am having problem with the workflow for approval of time with the ESS.Can anbody tell all the steps required for the approval of time in ESS.I am using the single step workflow 31000007.Can anybody give the suggestions for HR side.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi LS,

I do not know on the ESS side, but the process I think would be the same across.

I think you need to set your Data Entry Profile in your SPRO, where you mention the task id and tick the Approval required box.

As I said I do not know on the ESS side.

Please wait for our other SDN friends to answer your query.

Aditya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leela,

what version are you on? These are the main ESS CATS workflow ingredients:

<u>CATS config</u>

- relevant data entry profiles set to require approval

- TS31000007 set as the approval task for the relevant CATS data entry profiles

<u>ITS config</u>

- check your ITS server is up and running to enable the SAP GUI for HTML -based approval

<u>Organization config</u>

- check your test users are maintained and that they have managers set in the org chart

<u>Workflow config</u>

- do the required config in SWU3

<u>UWL config</u>

- check the UWL systems config

- register item types

- check UWL iView settings

Hope these help,

.Mikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mikko,

I think I have done all this configuration.

We are in ECC 6.0 , EP 7.0 and ESS , MSS is 1.0 business package.

Can u give me briefly all the configuration steps.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leela,

the step-by-step instruction would be a long story... When testing, where do you currently hit the wall?

I suggest first checking if a CAT2 transaction timesheet entry save & release will trigger the workflow approval task (check SWI1 afterwards). If this is not successful, check for any authorization errors in SU53 and that the task is set as a general task.

If you get the CAT2 release to trigger a task, you can move on to check if the ESS timesheet recording application does the same. Then continue by checking if the approver can see & execute the task in Business Workplace & UWL and so on...

Best regards,

Mikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mikko,

I am facing a similar issue. Have the config setup for the Profile with :

1. Auto determination of recipient.

2. With SAP Business workflow

3. TS31000007 .

4. Setup the task as general task.

Still there is no Message in the SAP outbox. Neither do I see any work item created in SWI3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

and I suppose you are using CAT2 for the testing and using a correct data entry profile? Did you also remember to release AND save the timesheet entry AND use a "fresh" week containing no other released & unapproved entries?

The final point applies because only a single work item is sent for the approver per one timesheet regardless of how many later line items are saved and released.

If these are ok and you have checked the authorization logs in SU53 that they don't have any errors, my suggestion is to debug your way through the save function with /h after releasing. I don't remember the module names by heart but you should pretty quickly bump into a call of fm sap_wapi_workflow_start. This function is responsible for launching the work item.

Now check if the call is successful and for any return messages in case it's not successful. This should lead you through the non-UWL relevant part..

Best regards,

Mikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharma,

Me too facing with the same problem can u please tell me how did u solve this.