cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Reseller mode...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, ahm, I've got a question, when I try to use the BCO or XML input or Internal Communication I get this error

---------------------------

Entity Type Not Supported

---------------------------

Entity type pid is not supported in Reseller Mode

--------------------------

Someone would know why is this?

I need to configurate something? or what I suppose to do?

Thanks in advance 😃

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you a Solution Partner? or a Reseller Partner?

If you are a Reseller you are restricted to Customer specific solutions and in 3.5 those have a lot of restrictions as shown below are some of the differences.

BCO

XML input(Data Upload)

Internal Communication (A2A)

If you intend to do work and have it put on the store you will need a "solution partner" development tenant. and do a Scalable solution

I have heard this changes somewhat in 4.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Im solution parter, but with the restrictions of a reseller, hehe, I'll open an incident to resolve this, thanks. 😃

Former Member
0 Kudos

look at your handover Email from SAP for yout Development Tenant... it should say

Category:

Partner Tenant

Category Type:

ByD studio Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

I have the same Problem with ByD Studio FP 4.0. It worked in the Development Training Tenant of SAP AG, but not with the Development Tenant of our ByD solution Partner.

Best Regards,

Rufat Gadirov

ralf_baumann
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rufat,

currently ByD Studio can start in normal mode or reseller mode. When started in reseller mode SAP business objects are not write enabled. Till now the reseller mode is set for customer test and customer production systems. On request by partner the full mode can be enabled. Partner development systems are normally provided in normal mode.

With next HotFixCollection (SP15, shipment planned for next downtime after 5.12.2012) on FP40 this differentiation between normal mode and reseller mode will be disabled. ByD Studio should aferwards always start in normal mode.

Best regards,

Ralf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

thank you for your response. It works after the Hotfix Collection! Great!

I am able to create a Service Integration now.

Best Regards,

Rufat

Answers (0)