cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about copy client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,Alles.

In our BW system we has client 100,and I want to create a new client 200. So I copy it from client 000. but when I run the transactions, it displayed 'only operate in client 100'. I think there isn't authorization. How to set it?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

hi,

you can have only one active client in bw.

(unless you are using scm or other mysap component that has bw). hope this helps.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I tried to copy data from client 800 to client 200 SAP* but no result via local client copy(TCode SCCL), the error is: "An exit program for regenerating data and programs for client copy terminated with errors". And Procedure: "Restart the client copy in restart mode".

Can anyone explain to me what happened and how can I finish this work?

Thanks in advance,

Thien Duong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I found that there is client 810 in my system, but i can not access to this client. Can anyone show me the way to access it?

Thanks in advance,

Thien Duong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dear,

look at this document to see what you can do (and HOW) about system copy in BI...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/fbc21369-0601-0010-64bf-83b...

Anyway, refer to OSS Note 522569 'BW: Working in several clients'...

"[...]In BW, master data IDs and dimension IDs are taken from number ranges. The BW objects against which the number range intervals are client-specific are cross-client objects. As the IDs must be unique, these may only be determined in one client. This means that BW can only operate in one client.

The BW objects are cross-client. They can be accessed and changed to the same extent in all clients. BW is displayed identically in all clients.

In particular, there is only one Myself source system as this is used to generate the change log for ODS objects. Therefore, when the Administrator Workbench is started, the system checks to see whether you are working in the same client in which the Myself source system was created.(...)"

Hope it helps!

Bye,

Roberto