cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP & Java ports in PI 7.1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have installed PI 7.1 and i found the port 50000 is defined on the ABAP stack under SMICM -> GoTo -> Services

HTTP - 50000

when i added the parameter Icm/server_port_0

PROT=HTTP, PORT=80$$, TIMEOUT=30, PROCTIMEOUT=600, the port on the ABAP stack changed to 8000.

But I see all the other java components SLD, ESR and others are starting only with the 8000 port instead of HTTP port 50000.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I found the below parameter is responsible for Java port icm/HTTP/j2ee_0

In RZ10 when i perform check it displays Unknown parameter icm/HTTP/j2ee_0 , a check cannot be performed

I think that might be the reason it takes always what ever HTTP port mentioned on the ABAP stack.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Where can i change the java port in PI 7.1.

Thanks,

Srini

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

the ports are probably wrong in the Exchange Profile.

Check it.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

I have checked in the Exchange Profile and all the ports are ok. IR, ID, RWB and SLD have 50000 port and integration server has 8000 port.

The http port for ABAP is defined as 8000 under

SMICM -> GO TO -> Services.

But the problem is IR, ID, RWB and SLD are opening only with this 8000 port instead of 50000.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The issue is resolved. I have created 2 HTTP services under SMICM->GOTO->services one with the port no 8000 and another with 50000.

I am able to access the integration server with the 8000 port and IR, ID and RWB with the 50000 port. This is something strange for me. I have never created 2 similar services under SMICM with 2 different ports in the ABAP stack.

Thanks,

Srini

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

check the definition for the Technical Systems of type Exchange Infrastructure in SLD.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas,

Can you please let m eknow how did you create two http ports ? I am facing the exact same issue as you the UME is using the 8000 port wheras the portal and other xapps applications are relying on the 50000 port. As a result the webdynpros from Abap are executing fine with the the 8000 port but when we try to execut ethem om portal side I am getting the error 404 : resource not found..

If I can create the two ports like you did possibly that would resolve th eissue. I tried creating two exact entries in the profile for icm/server_port_0 = 8000 and 50000 but it takes only one value..

Any information would be helpfull

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have the same problem with the port 50000 and 8000 .

I create another http service but when i restart the system it delete the service that i created.

Somebody have any idea?

Thank you

Eyal