cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abap and Java stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. When i execute the report designed in WAD, wat stack does the system use?

2. When i execute the report in portal, wat stack does the system use?

3. Whats diff b/w ABAP-based BEx Web Application and Java-based BEx Web Applications?

Regards

Annie

Edited by: Annie on Feb 27, 2009 9:11 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you are on BI7.0

Anything related to Portal is the JAVA stack and WAD 3.x is the ABAP stack and WAD 7.0 is the JAVA Stack....

"Whats diff b/w ABAP-based BEx Web Application and Java-based BEx Web Applications?"

Nothing much since pretty much the same services are used - but however the default iViews available for JAVA Stack are more richer in terms of display and functionality as compared to the ABAP stack equivalents..

Edited by: Arun Varadarajan on Feb 27, 2009 10:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI

Thanks for the reply.

When you say WAD 7.0 Java stack.

If we dont have portal also then WAD 7.0 will be in java stack?

My doubt is can we have BI installed with JAVA and ABAP STACK without portal?

If yes

Whats the functionality of JAVASTACK in BI without having portal?

Regards

Annie

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say WAD 7.0 Java stack.

If we dont have portal also then WAD 7.0 will be in java stack?

yes WAD 7.0 needs the JAVA stack to be up for it to run - this is because the architecture of WAD 7.0 is quite different from WAD 3.x - in 3.x the HTML conversion was done using ABAP classes , in WAD 7.0 - you have the same being done using JAVA Objects / packages available in the JAVA stack

My doubt is can we have BI installed with JAVA and ABAP STACK without portal?

you can have JAVA Stack installed without portal - I guess this is the EP usage type alone

If yes

Whats the functionality of JAVASTACK in BI without having portal?

this involves implementing the EP Usage type and hence the JAVA stack comes into the picture

There is a diffference between a full JAVA stack implementation as opposed to a Usage type installation , it is something like with a full java stac you get all the bells and whistles whereas with usage types - it is a set of functionality being installed with a specific purpose in mind - more like preconfigured installations for WAD / Portal etc will be separate usage types

Answers (0)