cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404 - File or directory not found

0 Kudos

HI Everyone-

I am getting below error when i redirected/customized the URL from 8080 to 80. Could you please help me how to resolve the issue.

"404 - File or directory not found.The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

I have changed the configuration in <installation dir>/tomcat/conf/server.xml file and changed the script in index.jsp which is available in ROOT folder.

Currently i am in 4.2 SP5 patch 11,windows server 2016 and tomcat as web server. It is production environment and cluster.

Thanks

Mahendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hi Joe-

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please let me know how to check weather IIS server is running on this ? and how to change the port to another?

Thanks

Mahendra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your help. I have disabled IIS server and it is working as expected.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What exactly have you changed in server.xml and index.jsp ??

If you're just changing port on which tomcat is serving HTTP requests, you only need to change connector in server.xml, you do not need to change anything in index.jsp.

p.s.
If you do not know how to check if IIS is running -- you should ask your IT admin to help you set this up.

Joe_Peters
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is Tomcat actually running? If you had another web server (i.e., IIS) already running on port 80, then Tomcat would not have come up, and the error would actually be coming from IIS. If this is the case, shut down IIS or switch it to a different port.