cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4-4-5 Format (Deriving 0CALMONTH from 0CALDAY)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my Infocube I have a 0CALDAY(week ending date) field and I'm deriving all the time characteristics from this field. For Ex: If 0CALDAY is 04/01/2005 my 0CALMONTH would be APR2005. But from all retailers point of view this falls into the MAR2005 as all the days in that week fall into MAR except for one day 4/01/2005.

Most retailers use 4-4-5 format means first month 4 weeks 2nd month 4 weeks, 3rd month 5 weeks and so on.

I can have an ODS for cross ref between 0CALDAY & 0CALMONTH and use that as derivation rather than standard derivation.

Is there a way to derive the 0CALMONTH 0CALYEAR from 0CALDAY in this format without using ODS or custom code.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Vish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vish,

I dont think it is possible to derive the CALMONTH from the CALDAY for your needs without custom code as your scenario is not standard.

Bye

Dinesh

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you have an ODS with 0calmonth and no 0calday and your transfer rules provides for only 0calday , there is automatic conversion that takes place. you wight want to check if that happens with a cube also.

here there is no coding involved , it automatically will derive calmonth from calday

you will notice this happening in the Update rules with a small green tick mark against the field indicating it is being derived.

Arun

Assigning points is a way of saying thank you in SDN