Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3-Queries.. please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Help much appreciated.

Issue 1:

Actually, they are N number of project folders.

In each project folder, there is a specific folder which has been assigned with a custom access level role.

We would like to get the list of those specific folders for which custom role is assigned.

Issue 2:

Sessions - using this option in CMC, we can see the current number of sessions in the system.

Can we see the same result in a dashboard. If yes, please let me how can we make this possible.

Issue 3:

Recurring Instance:

I see that we have an excel macro enabled to get the list of recurring instances with the events. As well, another excel is available which shows success, failed, pending, paused instances except recurring.

But, I want to get only the list of recurring instances. Can we achieve this using the audit report or any macro enabled excel. f yes, please let me know how this can be possible.

Windows OS

BO 4.1 SP3

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Issue 3, you're looking for a SI_SCHEDULE_STATUS of 9.

For Issue 2, only if you use Design Studio and set it up to use the BO Java SDK to query for the value.  Or you might be able to configure an Excel data source using similar code to what you describe in Issue 3, only this would pull the number of sessions (select count(SI_ID) from CI_SYSTEMOBJECTS where SI_KIND = 'Connection')

For Issue 1, I believe you can do this as a Relationship Query in the CMC.  Go to Access Levels.  Right-click on the access level you want to check, select "Tools" and then "Check Relationships".  This will give you a list of the folders where the access level is in use.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dell for the reply.

For issue 1: apart from checking the relationship from the Access Level, do we have any audit report or query builder kind of thing, using which we can get the output?

For issue 2: I do have an macro enabled excel sheet (.xlsm), however I am unable to use this as source in the dashboard. I am very poor at Java, dont have any idea on SDK's.

For issue 3: recurring instances, actually I am looking out for an webi report like thing, using which we can generate the list of recurring instances, with the report paths. Is this possible, if yes, please let me know.

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most of the information is stored in CMS DB. , not in Audit. So you have to leverage SKD or any 3rd party tools to extract the information.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue is that all of the information you're looking for is stored in a proprietary format in BLOB fields in the CMS database.  There is no way to query this data or report off of it directly.  So, without using the .NET SDK in Excel, the Java SDK to pull the data for use in Design Studio, QueryBuilder, or some third party tool that will get this data, there is no way to get what you're looking for.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.. can anyone assist me with those SDK's. I am poor at them.

If any, please share it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok.. can anyone assist me with those SDK's. I am poor at them.

If any, please share it.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find info about the .NET SDK, including sample code here: 

You can find info about the Java SDK, including sample code here: 

-Dell

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue#2 and 3, you can use query builder to get the results. Refere Mani's blogs related to query builder.