cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 important questions about SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Community!

I have got 3 important questions about SAP HANA.

- Our Company has all up about 150 SAP - Systems.

- 12 Systems are ERP-Systems.

=> We consider about SAP HANA at the moment.

=> Is it possible to put all the 12 ERP-Systems in ONE SAP HANA or do I need one seperate HANA for each ERP-System?

=> If it is possible, can you tell me the disadvantages when I use 1 HANA for the 12 ERP-Systems.

=> Is there a Storage-Limit in the HANA (I think no, because of 64 bit).

=> Can I still make realtime-analytics with 1 HANA for 12 SAP Systems?

=> Can I run ONE HANA with different non-SAP-Systems?

=> Is there a Demo-Center from SAP or IBM, where I can test and see the HANA before I buy it?

(I do not mean the Fujitsu TDS Demo Center)

It would be nice, when you would answer all my questions.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP User,

The new site launched for SAP HANA experience during SAP TechED Bangalore should be helpful for you: https://www.experiencesaphana.com/welcome

And as Vitaily mentioned above, it is better to contact SAP directly for any customer queries regarding HANA.

Regards, Rahul

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Sap_user, with 12 ERP systems you are huge SAP customer, so I'm not sure why you looking for a forum to give you such strategic advises, and not just invite SAP or your partner of choice to run Level 1 HANA workshop for your business (use cases) and IT (fit).

1. You cannot run ERP on top of HANA database today: not one, not 15. You can either replicate subset of one ERP data into HANA for Operational Data Marts, or connect HANA as a secondary db for accelerated business processes scenarios based on RDS (Rapid Deployment Solutions).

2. You can load data from many non-SAP sources into one HANA db using BusinessObjects DataServices ETL.

3. I'm from HP, so cannot comment on IBM demo centres. Ask your sales reps.

PS. Ideally come to your local www.sapteched.com and get precise answers to all your questions first hand.

Good luck,

-Vitaliy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have got 3 important questions about SAP HANA.

- Our Company has all up about 150 SAP - Systems.

- 12 Systems are ERP-Systems.

=> We consider about SAP HANA at the moment.

=> Is it possible to put all the 12 ERP-Systems in ONE SAP HANA or do I need one seperate HANA for each ERP-System? Yes it is quite possible to put all the ERP/CRM/SCM or other components on one HANA. You need to check for pricing/users/RAM (storage)

=> If it is possible, can you tell me the disadvantages when I use 1 HANA for the 12 ERP-Systems.

There are no disadvantages as of now.. improve existing planning, forecasting, pricing

optimization and other processes

=> Is there a Storage-Limit in the HANA (I think no, because of 64 bit).

There is no limit on Stotrage: You need check how much Data you need on RAM (Real time processing) Storage.Minimum you can buy is 64 GB and multiple of it for (RAM)

=> Can I still make realtime-analytics with 1 HANA for 12 SAP Systems?

Yes certainly..

=> Can I run ONE HANA with different non-SAP-Systems?

YEs you can run HANA for 3rd party S/W or non-sap systems for your real time anlytics.

It has ODBC and JDBC both and you can combine it with other systems.

=> Is there a Demo-Center from SAP or IBM, where I can test and see the HANA before I buy it?

(I do not mean the Fujitsu TDS Demo Center)

This you need to check with your local SAP Service channel..

It would be nice, when you would answer all my questions.

Thank you.

PY