cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2LIS_02_* Problem - Setup Tables empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

excuse me for this message, but I have a problem and I think you could help me.

I try to activate the Purchasing Analysis Business Content in BW. The activatation of the Business Content is OK in BW.

In R/3, I have to activate the DataSource. I know the way to activate a DS in the Cokpit: delete the Setup Tables, fill the Setup Tables ... I think everything is all right!

The problem is my DS is empty! In the Log I can see that the program find the right number of records, but the Setup Table and so the DS are empty! The Internal table in the program (XEKKO) is filled correctly!

I try to find OSS Notes, or messages on this forum, but I can't find the right answer for me!

Could you please help me on the issue?

Thaks a lot,

Best regards,

David Alonso.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

why are you talking about "empty datasource" ? Do you mean setup tables (in SE16 and after your OLI* transaction finished to run)?

In SM37 the background job is in green ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, my background job is in green.

The LIS Setup Log in TCode SBIW returns that the job find the right number of documents.

The problem is my Setup Table and so my Data Source have 0 records !

Thank you,

Best Regards,

David Alonso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe you put a filter in the OLI*BW program thats why there are no records selected...

Your data source/extractor depends on the content of the Setup Tables during INIT or FULL Update. Ensure that no filters are set or could it be that your R/3 has no extractable data?

Please check it out...

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I put a filter in the oli3bw program. But I checked the Log of the program, and it seems that it find the right number of documents.

In fact, If my program run, there is no data in the Setup Table, and if I check the log of the program, normally it could write data in the Setup Table !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check the table MC02M_0HDRSETUP with tcode se16? If you really loaded records to your setup tables it should show you something. The mentioned table is the setup table for the header documents.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did ... I check all is possible!

The only one thing which have more than 0 records is the log of the program !

It is a big mistake.

Thank to continue to investigate with me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please provide the job log in here.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

could you please find the Log:

-

Detailed information

Start date 14.04.2005 Name of run DALO_PUR19

Start time 12:02:00 User name EOZEN

Date of termi00.00.0000 Application 02

Time of termi00:00:00 Source table EKKO

Finish date 14.04.2005 New run

Finish time 12:02:09 Document from 0

Duration min 0,1 Document to ZZZZZZZZZZ

No. of docs 171 Version &(

Variant &0000000000005

-

I have one other question: Why when I activated the DS 2LIS_02_S013, the DS is not in the Cokpit, but when I replicate in BW, the DS is replicated!

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

About your question....

2LIS_02_S013 is not a Logistic Cockpit datasource (LBWE), but you can find it (activated) into your RSA6 transaction (as many others not inluded in LC)...

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

ok, looks like you got 171 records from EKKO, but I am not sure about that version &(. This might be your issue.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, sorry for version. If version is null, it is the same result.

I try to debbug the program, I am sure there is a problem such important!

I did all the same manipulation for QM, CM, COPA, IM with the same system!

I know it is incredible, you want to tell me 'read documentation Build Block ... and it will run!!!', but I test my system for IM and QM today, if I delete the setup table and fill the setup tables, the DS are filled !!!

Message was edited by: a a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi aa,

To make this clear:

You are using OLI3BW as the program to setup <b>P.O.</b>?

You are using Extractor <b>2LIS_02_S013</b> to extract this info from OLI3BW?

You normally use these 3 extractors to extract data from OLI3BW (P.O.)

<b>2LIS_02_SCL</b> - P.O. Schedule Lines

<b>2LIS_02_ITM</b> - P.O. Line Items

<b>2LIS_02_SGR</b> - P.O. Delivered Quantities

Why use 2LIS_02_S013?

It could be the reason why you cant extract data from the Setup tables using this Extractor.

If have helped, please do grant points...

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Jkyle is talking about a doubt I had yesterday on my way home. In one of the messages you were talking about 2LIS_02_S013. If you use this datasource to get data you need to check table S013 for contents. The setup tables work only for the datasources Jkyle mentioned.

S013 is setup differently. Therefore you need to define statistic groups ... and run a different program.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

if your suspicions are well-grounded, this is one of the most amusing misunderstanding happened in this forum !!!

Fantastic....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

if you read my message where I wrote 2LIS_02_S013 ... just before I write 'Another question ?'.

So I think you all reply on the wrong part of the message. My main problem is the first part of my old message.

I am not sure I will find solution on that forum, you only want points ?!?!? I really don't understand ...

Excuse me.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

excuse us, if we were wrong, but just one more question. Did you check 2lis_02_hdr or 2lis_02_itm with rsa3? What was the result?

Another hint might be: check sm21 for the time the setup was running (make sure you see the syslog for all servers). Let us know the details if there were some issues.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I have an hard issue here.

Just one question, is anybody already activated Data Sources 2LIS_02_SGR, 2LIS_02_SCL, 2LIS_02_ITM, 2LIS_02_HDR, 2LIS_02_CGR, 2LIS_02_SCN and 2LIS_02_S013 in BW System 3.5, Pack Level 11, PI 2004_1_640 Level 8 ? I have no records in my DS!

When I did the same steps in R/3 for DataSources 2LIS_02_S011 and 2LIS_02_S012 (which are the old DS), it runs ! My DS received records!

This exemple only to explain to you that it is the same steps for all these DS ?!? So I think it is not ME the problem ... And I didn't find any SAP OSS Notes ...

Thank you.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

the problem IS that if you did, for your new datasources in LBWE, the same steps done in R/3 for DataSources 2LIS_02_S011 and 2LIS_02_S012 it's normal that you are not able to load anything !!!

The procedures are different !

If you could explain better this misunderstanding...

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, S011/S012/S013 are not in LBWE. But the way to delete and fill setup tables is the same ?

I read the 'Building Block Configuration Guide' for Purchasing Data, Vendor Evaluation and Purchasing Group.

I think I did all the steps ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you are in SBIW transaction screen (or from SPRO->Integration with other comp.->BW it's the same) follow this path:

Business Content DataSources -> Settings for Application-Specific DataSources (PI) -> Logistics -> Managing Extract Structures -> Initialization -> Filling in the Setup Table -> Application-Specific Setup of Statistical Data -> Perform setup - Purchasing

For 'old' datasources, the path (and related procedure) is different...when you arrive in Logistics -> Managing Transfer Information Structures -> Setup of Statistical Data -> Application-Specific Setup of Statistical Data -> Perform Setup - Purchasing

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right. Thank you for this advise.

I try to fill S013 setup table now. It runs ...

So my problem is to setup table for the LBWE Data Sources.

Did I miss a step ? I did all the steps are in the documentation. Is there something special for Purchasing Analysis ?

Thank you,

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Indeed you are right; REALLY FANTASTIC!

So the moral of the story:

Never take the plunge if the water is unclear. You might soke yourself in a never ending pit...

Good luck guys...

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact S013 didn't run ... I have 0 records in the Setup Tables.

You prefer to insult myself to help me ... your conclusion in a little bit un sympatic.

I don't like guys like you, you are right, i am stupid and you lose time with me.

My issue is not solve, so I am bad, you too.

Best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi a a,

Sorry Bro, no intension of giving you a feeling that something is wrong with you. My apologies if it affected you negatively.

Actually its our fault. We begin to suggest and suggest solutions (<i>took the plunge</i>) without first getting all the complete facts from you (<i>unclear water</i>). We <b>ASSUMED</b> and that is the big mistake...

Given the facts you stated here, I'd still search for answers for you. Hope it would make you feel better.

Its just hard to repeat your problem in our <b>DEV</b> setup because I can extract data from P.O. given the data sources I listed here...

Worst case scenario, file an OSS message for support from SAP. Have the consultant connnect to your system. Usually its free and they would inform you if the support would cost something.

Its really hard to diagnose a technical problem in writting like this...Hope you get my point...

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please have a look to the OSS Note 720309. It solves the problem.

I am sorry for my bad english and the misunderstanding ..

a a

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope your problem has got solved but the note mentioned by you is for corrective action.

When you are dealing with purchasing data sources take care of the following details.

For your set up table problem.

If it is solved well and good otherwise follow the following way:

1)Choose the menu path Business Information Warehouse

->Settings for Application-Specific DataSources-> Logistics->Settings:Purchasing ->Determine Industry Sector.

2)Choose Standard (Core) in SAP BW Usage.

3)Delete the setup tables, (incase they are populated with wrong data) by going to the transaction LBWG. Choose 02- that is the application number for purchasing.

4)Go to transaction SBIW in your source system. Choose Settings for application specific data sources (PI)-> Logistics->managing extract Structures - > Initialization - > Filling in the setup table -> application specific setup of statistical data -> Perform Setup-Purchasing.

There is no version which you need to specify, just give a date in future and name of the run and execute.

In this step you are populating your setup tables.

5) This is specific to data source 2lis_02_S013 used for Vendor Evaluation. For this you need to switch off the LIS update besides all the steps above inorder to load data to BW.

Go to transaction omo2.

In the Updating – Purchasing: Info Structures view double-click the Updating radio button K for info structure S013.

In the Parameters dialog box select No Updating

In the Updating – Purchasing: Info Structures view choose Save.

In the Save updating dialog box choose Yes.

This is required for updating data to BW.

Also you can go through SAP best Business Practises, they give a detailed Process as to how to go about in various modules.

I hope this will solve all your purchasing related issues.

Regards

Vanya

Answers (0)