cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st Layer ODS - How to identify the Key Fields from extr. struct

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am building some 1st Layer ODSses which should mirror the structure of the infosources 2LIS_11_VAITM & 2LIS_11_V_SSL.

However, I can't find a way to clearly identify which fields must be used as key field. It seems logical that I should include the Order Header and Position number but what about the FISCVARIANT. Is there a way to cleary identify these fields?

For example the 2LIS_11_V_SSL needs at least three fields becasue it is schedulte line level, but is this enough or will I lose (overwrite) information?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Key fields are basically used to identofy if a record is new or has changed. If you know the corresponding tables on R/3, then it is of help most of the time,

In case of VAITM, it will be order number and line item number. Table VBAP on R/3.

Incase of Scehdule Line it will be order, item and schedule line number. Table VBEP on R/3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>It seems logical that I should include the Order Header and Position number but what about the FISCVARIANT.</i>

The combination of Order and Position does not exist at all in 2 different FISCVARIANT.So there is no need of taking it into key fields.

There is a standard ODS 0SD_O01 with this Datasources. So why do you want to create one more ODS.

With rgds,

Anil Kumar Sharma .P

Kindly assign points to all helpful postings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

I now the table(s) in R/3 but how do I know the lowest level of detail. It is not only the VBAP table that is used for ectraction. the 2LIS_11_VAITM uses also the communication structures:

-MCVBAK

-MCVBAP

-MCVBKD

-MCVBUP

How do I know which tables delivers the lowest level of detail?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically 2LIS_11_VAITM DS takes the data from VBAP and it takes the further inforamtion from other tables .So key fields of table VBAP gives the grangularity for this DS.

With rgds,

Anil Kuamr Sharma .P

Answers (0)