cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0Unit and 0Currency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a Sales Amount Key Figure Info Object field. In that when i double click on it, it takes me to the Details, Where in the first Type/Unit Tab we define the datatype for tht info object.

Below that we have a heading which reads Currency/Unit Of Measure in which Unit/Currency is a Field. In that its given as 0currency or 0Unit.

I want to know the reasons for defining like that. Incase there are any specific rules associated with them, pls let me know that too.

Sajan.M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sajan,

Since BW give the facility of unit and currency conversion that is the reason it expects some unit of currency associated with a key figure . Of course a keyfigure could be just a number with out unit or currency.

How it works

as and when you drag and trop this KF into a cube or ODS the 0unit or 0curreny infoobject automatically come .

So while loading data for theese keyfigure one has specify the units also so a data record with units/currency looks like

customer date sale currency

Nikhil 20050312 2000 USD

Nikhil 20050312 2000 EUR

so in case in a report you want total sale of nikhil in usd then BW puts it 2000 + 2000*conversion rate(fetched autmatically from exchanrate maintenance)

but if there were no units then BW would have worked for theese conversions

Please let me know if it helps

Dont forget to grant points

Regards

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ramu,

Thanks a lot for that. And Advance New Year Wished to U 2 u!

Basically, i am slightly confused about 1 aspect. These 0Unit/0Currency are some thing like User Exits right?

In that case would we be able to set the "To Convert Value" into anything using ABAP codes?

Assuming i am getting it Kg and i want in Pounds if we set the Currency/Unit field as 0Unit it would do the conversion and automatically show it as Pounds. Please let me know if my understanding is right.

Thanks

Sajan.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajan,

U can use RRC1 for 0currency conversion

For 0unit u can set in Transfer setttings

regards

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sajan,

Thanks for your wish.

These 0Unit/0Currency are some thing like User Exits right?

Ans: No, These are like conversion Routines.

Assuming i am getting it Kg and i want in Pounds if we set the Currency/Unit field as 0Unit it would do the conversion and automatically show it as Pounds.

Ans : Yes

You can conver from base unit to target unit.

There are some predifined routines available .

Example:

'UNIT_CONVERSION_WITH_FACTOR'

'UNIT_CONVERSION_SIMPLE'

Let me know the status.

If you want to know more on these conversion routines, I prepared one document, please buzz me at ramup@lancoglobal.com as subject conversion routines.

Thanks

Ramu

Message was edited by: Pidugu Ramu

Former Member
0 Kudos

So Ramu,In my case i can definately say that there is some conversion that is happening. May be by looking at the code i would be able to understand wht conversion is carried out in these codes.

Pls let me know if my understanding is right?

Sajan.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please elaborate on what you are trying to say?

I couldnt understand!

Sajan.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sajan,

Yes.

In transfer settings we can set 0unit.

In your case KG is what you have but you need Pounds rite.

In these setting we have to pass KG in Base Unit and LB or anything else have to pass in Target Unit.With this you will get what exactly you are expecting.

Please go through the document which I sent to you, you will get the perfect picture.

Hope you understood.

Thanks

Ramu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, Thanks.

I dont think this document has anything to do with 0unit or 0currency directly.

Secondly whr do we have the transfer settings screen? I thought by double clicking on the 0unit it takes to the Source codes where we would write codes on what our base is and wht our target is and the equivalent conversion value and stuffs?

i dont know if we can do this is Front end itself?

Sajan.M