cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0FI_GL_10 and Chart of Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The standard 0FI_GL_10 extractor seems to extract only one Chart of Account (Operational). Is this right?

If yes, how can we extract local Chart of Accounts?

The purpose is to be able to use FSV - Financial Statement Versions (0GLACCEXT hier in BI) that are defined in terms of local Chart of Accounts.

Thxs.

LauQ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you mean local Chart of Accounts - do you mean local FSV or true local Accounts

Local FSV is easy - because those hang of the standard COA

Pure local COA based on the alternate GL accoutn number are a different story

Normally what I do for this is to put the ALTKN and the alt COA onto the line item extractors (I know!) - this then reads the data from BSEG (although from memory you have to bring in the alt COA from SKB1 in cmod or read it in via 0COMP_CODE in the transfer rules) - these then go to the compounf infoobject ZALTGL

Then you have two reporting objects - 0GLACCOUNT and ZALTGL (for example)

The nasty thing about this is if they introduce a new Alt COA half way through - then BSEG doesn;t have the Alt GL accoutn on the record (it is allocated at the time of posting)

This I havent; had to worry about ... yet

Basically the problems with this are because it runs of the line items extractor - you have to calculate retained profit if your company code uses the std retained profit c/f process (ie R3 doesnt post a jnl it moves it into period 000 of the new year)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using the total table extractor - not line item.

This extractor retrieves all G/L Account data corresponding to the operational CoA ('9000') only.

However, Financial Statement Versions (and items) are defined in SAP ECC in terms of "local" CoAs.

As 0FI_GL_10 does not extract those "local CoA" G/L Accounts, we cannot display FSV in reporting ("not assigned" nodes because nodes refer to CoA different from '9000').

I thought that it was a std feature in BI...

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are still two ways of defining "local" - ie those which have local statutory FSVs hanging of the co code COA and those local statutory FSVs hanging of the alternate COA

I have only ever seen in the STANDARD totals table the co code COA (that is why I use the line items for the alternate COA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be more specific, the company code customizing (T001) shows two CoA:

- Operational = '9000' for all comp codes

- Ctry specific = one value per country

For one and the same company code, you then have two CoA.

How to distinguish them in the Total table FLAGFLEXT?

Thxs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I understood originally

As far as I am aware - the totals tables as standard do not deliver this functionality at all

You can create extra ledgers to do this - or use the line item way I have done previously

The problem with trying to model this is that there are N amounts of Co Code Alternate Account Numbers per Standard Account Numbers..

For the SAP reports they do look ups in ABAP - we can;t do that we have to model - and because of the rerlationships we can't add the local account numbers to the std COA because of the "N" amount of country chart of accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thxs for your comments.

I now understand better the limitations of BI content in that respect...

I will investigate further how to deal with it.

Best regards - points assigned!

LauQ