Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berndschubert
Employee
Employee
This TechEd in Bangalore 2018 was my first time that I'm attending the SAP TechEd.
Together with my colleague Sören we had a speaker slot on the first day. I was a little bit nervous because I didn't know the procedures and all the things around.

SUSE was one of the silver sponsors. Before and after our own session we where available at the SUSE booth.
At the booth we had very interesting discussions and customer / partner meeting. For me it was amazing to see that the culture which we have in the SAP Linux Lab is working on such an event too.

Please let say some word what we have presented @Sisn TechEd 2018 in Bangalore.

The main topic of our represents was the "Deployment Options for the SAP Digital Core" session ID: OPP205.
The presentation starts with a short introduction about opensource which is fundamental for SUSE. We demonstrate how SAP fit in this picture and how long SAP trusts SUSE.
We gave a short overview about the new features coming with SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 and possible deployment scenarios. I took the chance to gave an overview of our High Availability solution (HA)for SAP. If HA is required it has a big impact for the deployment option what the customer should choose.
We also presented some facts from our virtualization solution and our cloud products.
For more details and the presentation itself follow the session link above or go to www.suse.com and search for the product and documentation where you are interested in.

sus

My key takeaways of the first SAP TechEd as a co-speaker and represent of SUSE:
- it is very great platform to get in touch with people personally
- mostly all SAP partners are present there
- you can learn a lot of interesting things
- there are theoretical and practical Handson session

If you are doing funny games like SUSE did you will be always have a big crowd around your booth. 🙂

I can only say thanks for the time and I'm really happy and impressed to get the chance attending this important SAP event.

This is Sören and Bernd from SAP Linux Lab Germany
2 Comments