Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johna69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I run a number of VMs using Parallels on my Mac and wanted to use the same for the available Netweaver Gateway 2.0 SP06 . There were a couple of issues after install that needed to be resolved before I could use the system.

The install was very quick and straightforward without any problems.

The first issue I hit was when starting using SAPMC . The user and hosts had been configured during the install, but the msg_server process had not started. Looking at the log the host nwgw was not reachable.

Checking the /etc/hosts file, no entry for nwgw existed. ifconfig -a yielded the IP address and the entry was added to the hosts file:

192.168.1.12      nwgw

With the hosts entry added Gateway started and the provided services could be accessed.

The next hurdle was to get my own services working. A model/service was created and configured.

This image combines both the Gateway server and IWBEP addon for service enablement, so transactions for both are available in the system.

/ifwnd/maint_service is the transaction for enabling the new services.

Selecting the service to be added caused a short dump:

Looking at the errors they we are related to the NONE destination connection call failing on an RFC. Digging around Note 1532825 the suggestion for RFC_PING to be used is alluded to. Simply using SE37 to RFC_PING NONE solved the problem.

With the NONE issue resolved it was now possible to create and run my own services: