Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member131154
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi community,

in my last DesignStudio customer training my participants were discussing about possibilities to internationalize a DesignStudio application. Here is a way that seems to be a good one even if it is still a workaround for a missing native functionality coming hopefully soon.

If you have used BEx Web Application Designer you know that there is a table in BW called RSBEXTEXTS with the following structure...

Step 1:

Create a generic datasource for that table in your BW system

Step 2:

Create a new characteristic having only the minimum elements key and language dependent text

Step 3:

Create a dataflow from your datasource to the text table with all needed elements using the following mapping. I don't want to explain all the details which elements are involved, I think all BW people know that 🙂

Step 4:

In your Application create a new datasource directly on your new infoobject (step 2). No need for a query or something like that. Go to the "Initial View" editor so that your Initial View looks like that...

Step 5:

Add a dropdownbox to your application and make it not visible in the properties. This element will be used later on for getting the right text.

Step 6:

Fill the dropdownbox with the elements from your datasource e.g. in the Application OnStartup event with the code
DROPDOWN_1.SetItems(DS_1.getMemberList(<<name of your infoobject>>, MemberPresentation.INTERNAL_KEY, MemberDisplay.TEXT, <<maxnumber of elements in your infoobject>>));

Step 7:

Now you can fill your TextBoxes with the language dependend texts assigned to your TextKeys you know from BexWAD with code like that:

DROPDOWN_1.SetSelectedValue("<<id of your element>>");

TEXT_1.SetText("DROPDOWN_1.GetSelectedText()");

That's all 🙂 Hope you like it.

Dirk

6 Comments