We hope to simplify this process in a future release by enhancing the Companion app with the Kapsel Barcode Scanner plugin. With this in place, a developer will be able to populate the web application URL in the Companion App using the QR code capabilities already included in Web IDE.
The Companion App contains all of the Cordova core and Hybrid SDK (Kapsel) plugins, so any code within the web application that utilizes the plugin APIs will work within the Companion App
Wait is over. SAP has just released HAT companion App for android phones and tablets.
Update: Its available on Apple App store as well.
Hybrid App Toolkit (HAT) a tool which allows to deploy SAP Hybrid Apps (can be created by using SAP Web IDE) on mobile devices (iOS and Android at the moment). This HAT consists of three components: Web IDE Plugin, HAT Connector, companion App
This HAT companion application will help developers to streamline testing of hybrid applications created using SAP Web IDE on android devices.
1. You dont need to package the web application content into a cordova app, instantly preview apps
2. Load the application's URL by scanning the QR code displayed in SAP Web IDE
3. Any changes done in Web IDE project would reflect immediately in this app (go to menu>REFRESH)
Let me share steps to do it:
1. Download and install this app on your android devices
2. Once you open the app, it will ask you to set App Passcode. (optional)
3.Run index.html for any Web IDE project > click on QR code icon
4. Come back to app, double tap on that page to show the scanning menu, click on Rectangular icon, scan the bar code.
In the login screen, enter your SAP web IDE login credentials. (for trial version its SCN userid and password) cool, isnt it?
5. Any changes done in Web IDE project, you dont need to SCAN again. Click on REFRESH, it will load latest changes.