Technology Blogs by SAP
Learn how to extend and personalize SAP applications. Follow the SAP technology blog for insights into SAP BTP, ABAP, SAP Analytics Cloud, SAP HANA, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member230159
Contributor
0 Kudos
Today I faced an issue post the kernel update. I was not able to bring the system online.In MMC I could see the enstatus.cmd/enstatustest.cmd report YELLOW status.

More about the 'enstatus.cmd' :The program start a tool to test the enqueue service, this is a dummy request in order to check is the enqueue service is working as expected.

Source : SAP note #1818182 - enstatus.cmd returns YELLOW status

Troubleshooting:

I checked every known enq related trace file ; dev_enqio_* , dev_enqsrv. finally I found some information in dev_ensmon. This file can be found under the ASCS folder as

Path of files : /usr/sap/<SID>/ASCS<XX>/work/dev_en*

I was looking for more information in the stderr* , sapstart* as this could be related (which turned out to be true!).
In sapstart.log I could find the entries as:

Starting at 2018/12/02 0:43:58
Startup Profile: "\\<name>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_ASCSXX_<name>"
Starting Programs
(9536) Execute: \\<name>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcpe.EXE pf=\\<name>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_ASCSXX_<name> list:\\<name>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64/scs.lst
(9348) Execute: \\<name>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapcpe.EXE pf=\\<name>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_ASCSXX_<name> list:\\<name>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64/sapcrypto.lst
(9240) CreateProcess: F:\usr\sap\<SID>\ASCSXX\exe\msg_server.EXE pf=\\<name>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_ASCSXX_<name>
(6232) CreateProcess: F:\usr\sap\<SID>\ASCSXX\exe\enserver.EXE pf=\\<name>\sapmnt\<SID>\SYS\profile\<SID>_ASCSXX_<name>
(9288) Execute: F:\usr\sap\<SID>\ASCSXX\exe\enstatus.cmd <name> 00 F:\usr\sap\<SID>\ASCSXX\exe
(2880) CreateProcess(F:\usr\sap\<SID>\ASCSXX\work\enstatustest.cmd) failed(2). ENOENT*: No such file or directory OR: The system cannot find the file specified.
(2880) Parent Shutdown at <Date> <Time>

The main point of focus here was:

CreateProcess(F:\usr\sap\<SID>\ASCSXX\work\enstatustest.cmd) failed(2). ENOENT*: No such file or directory OR: The system cannot find the file specified.

Resolution:

The issue occurred due to corrupted files in the folder <drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\ERS10\EXE . Might be due to some mistake (human or machine, cant say as of now 😞 )

To resolve the issue I followed the below steps:

1) Backup the current <drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\ERS10\EXE folder.

2) Delete all the content from <drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\ERS10\EXE folder.

3) Copy the content from <drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\ASCS00\exe\ to <drive>:\usr\sap\<SID>\ERS10\EXE

4) Try to startup again the services.

Post this my services came up normally without a fuss!

Let me know in case any queries.

Some helpful references:

#2245971 - Optimizing Startup of Windows Failover Cluster-based SCS / ASCS Instances
#1818182 - enstatus.cmd returns YELLOW status

Kind regards,
Manjunath Hanmantgad